Bike Carb Fitting Info

Ive got some fireblade carbs and a gbs manifold en route.the carbs have the rubber bits to fasten to the the manifold.

ive got a pressure regulator and pipe..need a t piece though,easily sortable .

Where would I get a throttle and choke cable from.??? plus the top pipes are a breather iirc ,do I leave this just to vent ,theres also a large diameter pipe between the carbs..whats that for ???? the fuel pipes are the lower ones id think ??

any advice appreciated

Marcus,

Get a universal throttle cable from Worsborough Motor spares (Doncaster rd Barnsley, just before stairfoot). Thats what I used. Yes the top pipes are breathers, which vent to atmosphere. If you want me to pop across the weekend give me a shout... 8)

I know the place terry ive got an account with em. didn't even know they did universal cables.im popping to see em about a choke cable. But if you got 5 Friday or sunday ill put the kettle on and get some biccies in...Once ive chatted with someone whos done it im sure ill be settled with the job in hand

Guest MarkB

You need a head job :rofl: .need to know what all the pipes are for.....I need info..im like the robot off short circuit.. 8)

put a picture up, Dan will know he fitted the ones on mine and hes an ex biker boy (not the one out of the Village People... well so he reckons))

I have fireblade carbs on my pinto too

Top two pipes are vents so leave then to atmosphere.

Bottom ones need joining with a t piece and they're the fuel feed, should be 8mm if I remember right

Fuel pressure should be set at 2.5psi

I used a bicycle gear cable and a 90 degree noodle, works very well!

• 1 year later...