Swapping To Injection Head

Guest Hoppo

I have a leaded head fitted in the kit car, I’m thinking of swapping with an injection head. Can someone say which gasket set, head bolts I will need to fit the injection head, will the inlet and exhaust fit straight on. I’m sure there was a post on here somewhere but can’t find it now.

Cheers Steve

Guest chris brown

The standard manifold well fit straight on but best to use a pattern gasket rather than a ford one as they tend to be just a little bit bigger and as there isn't a lot material face to face at the top of the ports this gives a better seal. Exhaust manifold is a stright fit.

Guest mcramsay

Buy an inlet manifold gasket for a 2.0 injection sierra, use the gasket as a template on the inlet manifold to mark out where to grind out the injector pockets and then use the gasket as normal.

Guest chris brown

Rheinz Gasket from eBay £12 to £15 thinner(1.3mm compared with 1.6mm) and stronger than standard pattern steel sheet core

Will add a bit to compression ratio which Pinto's like

??????? Confused !!!!! Inlet gasket can't raise compression.

Guest chris brown

He talk earlier in the thread about gaskets, head bolts etc

He will have to replace head gasket so I gave some sage advice from personal experience

true Paul just me having a senior moment sorry mate.