Pinto Starter Motor

Gusty

Guest mower man

Post 27 has answer my query the price shows that they are remanufactured the one I bought around 3 years ago was a brand new unit, also they are not geared but std pre-engaged starters if they are 140 watt they will be fine , twice the power almost , aproperly geared reduction unit will still be in the 200£plus bracket believe me mick

Guest 2b cruising

Could be a few things and float hieght is more common.

Wrong jetting is also a possible fault.

If your plugs are sooty after a run and the engine is up to temp, the easiest thing to go for is mixture.

I'm afraid you are going to have to pull those carb's to bits. After all that time standing they are probably gummed up. I had the same problem with my weber 45s and I carefully broke them down, cleaned them out and then blew the rest of the muck out with an airline. You can buy the rebuild kits quite cheaply, they come with all the gaskets you need, needle valves etc. I have quite a good book that covers weber and dellortos which gave me a bit of confidence to tackle the job. Not sure exactly what the problem with mine was but the rebuild cured it.

Stripped and cleaned the carbs today and set the float heights. Still spitting through the carbs and occasional back fire! Considering getting rid and buying twin choke webbers. Would this be a straight forward conversion?

Cheers

Guest 2b cruising

Throttle bodies are better than carbs but are expensive.

Supposedly 15bhp increase on a 2lt as well as better running.

Have a shop around and see what you can find.

Lots of bikes use them but take care they are suitable for alternate injectors to suit your engine.

New set would cost you around a grand so it depends how bad you want them.

Far better on fuel but I don't suppose you will be doing a million miles a year. 😀