2b Rear Suspension

Guest paul boatman

Guest paul boatman

I have a 2B constructed using the original sierra bits - the rear end keeps bottoming out so i think an upgrade is in order.

I want to install a fully adjustable rear - preferable coil over.

i have found GAZ shocks in one of the brochures but need to know the length that I need ie. open length and closed length - then off course I need the free length :( of spring and its strength

any ideas where to start

Paul

I know a bloke that might sell you a set of rear Zeemerrides if you like... Might be a good starting point. Cheap too. Just remember to take the springs off and work them up & down full travel before fitting. It'll make a world of difference.

Sadly they are not adjustable but they'll be ace compared to 15 year old Sierra units.

Jonb

PS, I refuse to use those cheezy emoticons... yuk.

Guest petrie51

Hi Paul

A friend of mine has had the same problem, he fixed it by putting new shock absorbers on. :D

A lot cheaper than coil over's.

Andy

Guest piddy

B) Yes Andy is correct.

I had a problem with the rear end on my 2B, but changing the shocks worked a treat.

If you do convert don't go for the RHE units others I know are changing back to sierra set up.

Also the RHE system bottoms out just the same unless you have that "my rear ends high" look.

Piddy.

I've just been tinkering with the ride height on my 2b. I originally set it quite low for the "wheels fit properly in the wheel arch" look, but the supplied Zeemerides were not stiff enough to stop it bottoming out, especially with a passenger in. I tried moving the top mounting out a bit to get a higher ride height. It is better now. I had it looking like a hot rod at one point, the suspension was so high!! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DROID

Reading the replys on this subject has caused me some concern. I have ordered the rear coil over suspension with my 2b kit, which I've still to collect. The bottoming out and the springs being to soft has got me really worried. Should I cancel this item and use the standard S :huh: ierra set-up with new springs and shocks??? Any help on this subject would be much appreciated.