Sub-k

Guest bodjit

Guest bodjit

:( I have recently begun to assist my friend in building his Sub-K.

We have got it on 4 wheels with engine etc fitted but up to now we have had to modify most parts from the description in the video.

Any one else had similar problems, anyone futher on with any tips for the build in the future?

Please let me know

Chris

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Chris

I too am building a Sub-K and up to a similar point as yourselves. In all honesty I decided a long time ago to ignore the videos and do it my own way. The videos are a right mess. Things are done in the wrong order with different parts and some footage is so old the building is lit by gas lamps :-)

I have adopted the policy of using the video and supplied parts as a guide but trying to do what I feel is best. For instance, all of my steel panels are being used for testing the fit and then I'm making aluminium panels based on the results of the ill fitting steel ones. I intend to use full fibreglass rear wheel arches and extend the rear end outwards so that the rear sides of the car are parallel (allowing flat rear wings from another manufacturer). I'm having a petrol tank specially made to fit behind the diff. I've had brackets welded between the chassis and angle under the floor to strengthen the inner seat belt mounts. etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the build and expected problems. I am learning more doing this than I would building a 'mecanno' kit from another manufacturer and will have a very unique car at the end. If you want more info on any of the above just let me know.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

Guest Cooey

:unsure:

So the Sub K videos were supposed to be instuctional,, ah that maybe where I'm going wrong.

I thiought they were just for fun.

In all fairness I am following Pauls route, using the videos as a guide then doing it different, although not as different as Pauls car will be. Loooking forward to seeing that at some point Paul.

Just waiting for the weather to pick up so I can carry on with the build, its not easy without a garage.

Simon

Guest keyper

I agree with you all, shelve the vids and get on with the build. I fell asleep about an hour into the first one.

Any tips on the wheel sizes ? i.e will a 205/50 catch the front springs on compression of the tyre ? as they are very close at the moment.