What's This Pipe On My 32/36 Weber Carb?

Guest Dave Skirrow

Guest Dave Skirrow

It leads to the manifold and comes out under the air filter but not attached to anything. My idle is quite rough but suddenly goes nice and smooth when I put my thumb over this, just wondering if it should be attached to anything?

IMG_3299.JPG

The reason you've got a rubbish idle is because your vacuum is being lost via this pipe....if you have every that needs a vacuum connected (vac advance, brack servo, etc...) then this should just be blanked off.

Of course I am assuming it is pulling a vacuum when you put your thumb over the end?

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers! I'll double check everything has a vacuum that needs one, pretty sure it all does. Assuming it's OK I'll then blank it off and take her for a run.

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers fellas. I think my carb must be 30/34 dfth too. Spent the last half hour trawling the net trying to work out which carb as it doesn't look like a 32/36. So you've just answered another question too.

Looking forward to getting it blanked off now

Guest alfaGTA

UTF-809122012012.jpg

The 30/34 DFTH wouldn't be a popular carb but if set up right it can produce the goods (mine is running a megajolt with MAP). Not alot of info about it on t'internet either but I reckon because its smaller it produces good fast air flow leading to a good air/fuel mixture reaching the chamber........

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers, I have most of the bits for a MAP megajolt conversion on another car and now it looks like I have a spare vac take off for the MAP! Might be the push I need to get the megajolt fitted. Got a set of bike carbs knocking around on the "will fit one day" list.