Route For Speedo Cable

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

once the cable is connected to the gearbox which is the best way toget the cable to the speedo head ? I dont want to drill 3 holes in the drivers foot well !

thanks

You've got to remember that cables don't like sharp bends!

So the best way is, to make a trap door in the tunnel side opposite the connection to the gearbox, have the cable come into the cockpit area through a grommet or something, it then goes across in front of the chassis tube that's on the floor of a 2B (or just across the floor, on anything else) under the carpet, then up along the inside of the side panel and into the speedo.

Keep all bends as large as possible, mine's been like this now for 6 years, and is OK.

Mine follows Jim's route almost. It comes through the tunnel side and attaches in a P clip onto the chassis rail in the drivers footwell. This is above my carpets. Next point of attach is on a panel on the outside of the drivers footwell, about 8 inches forward of the tube on the floor, and 2 or 3 inches up. After that it's cable tied to the pedal box, and then comes backwards into the speedo.

Remember that the gearbox will wobble so for the first P clip make sure it allows the cable to slide inside it, otherwise you risk breaking the circlip on the gearbox as it pulls the cable out.

Ant