Fuel Filler

johnhetherington

The SVA regs said that the fuel filler should be a certain size so you cant put diesel in a petrol engine.

I cant find this in the current IVA manual so thought it no longer applies, however I noticed in the Car Builders Solutions Catalogue they are still selling the inserts for the fuel filler stating they are IVA unleaded fuel regulations.

Would hate to fail on such a small point, any one any thoughts.

Think I should go with what the IVA manual says,unless its in there and I missed it

John

By th way, anyone else aving trouble when posting a topic nthe frum ta the ypig keep missing ??

John,

Cost vs risk i'm afraid. If you don't fit it and your car fails on this very simple point, you'll be quite frustrated, putting it mildly.

Also, if you have a removable fuel filler, the restrictor gives a very simple anchor point for your fuel cap tether, so 2 birds with one stone.

Once you've passed the IVA test you could remove if you wanted to (along with the tether), however i've still got mine fitted (can't be arsed to remove it!).

Cheers

Al

Guest danny88

My fuel filler passed iva with no problems and that was Thursday last week. Mine wasnt tethered. This was my fuel filler cap if it helps: ebay item number 221587766582 put that number in your ebay search and it will come up.

Danny

Guest peter2b2002

Putting petrol into a diesel works wonders I put ,15 ltrs into my disco a few years ago before I sussed out what I was doing, 50 ltrs of diesel later ( tank was nearly empty) started her up no nasty noises, of we went after a few miles I found it went better than ever more responsive cleaner exhaust less smoke brill, never tried that again though just in case

Peter2b