Midlands Run To Wales 11Th To 13Th August 2017

richyb66

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last weekend’s trip to Wales was excellent and having some free time yesterday afternoon gave me and Jackie the time to finalise some more details for our trip which is just 8 weeks away.

We have now booked the location for Saturday late afternoon / early evening tea and they have agreed to stay open late so we have exclusive use of the venue. They will provide a choice of main meal and dessert options together with tea and coffee for £10 per person. The venue is the cafe at Trawsfyndd Lake and it’s perfect for our needs http://www.trawslake.com/ . There’s ample parking, plenty of outdoor seating and (hopefully it won’t be necessary) we can eat inside if we need to.

We currently have 27 people down to attend and I like to think we can get that up to at least 30. In previous years we’ve always had a bit of a dash back to Nefyn for food and I’m hoping that having this year’s venue on the return leg of the drive should make things feel a bit less rushed as we can eat between 5 and 6 and then head back to Nefyn whenever we want to.

I’d like to think that anyone not coming on the drive will still come along, the more people we can get there the better, as everyone will be involved and it will give us the chance to give our support to a worthwhile local business who are very keen to host our event. There are plenty of things to do in the local area if you don’t want to be on the drive out and I can provide more details if required.

I’ll post more information shortly but in the meantime, if there’s any questions let me know.

• Like 3

Hi Richard & Jackie, would you like the £20 for lake side meal sent over by pay-pal? Looking forward to another great week-end,regards Bob & Mo.

No need for anyone to pay upfront, I've paid a deposit so the venue's happy and I'll most likely pay them the balance on the day by card. I can just collect cash at some point over the weekend which will probably be easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seem firsthand what a faf carrying camping gear on a kit is, I'm prepared to transport any camping equipment to and from Wales to enable people to travel a bit lighter.

pm me to arrange getting it to me if you're interested.