Kimbolton 9Th July

Dave R

Thanks dave. It was good to meet some new people and some i had met before. Shame I didn't get to say goodbye but after I got off the radio controlled cars, the crossbow shooting and the slide I was the only one Left! A good turnout hopefully we can get more next year.

First time at Kimbolton, both had a brilliant day out. Huge car show, excellent location, fantastic weather. Left my polish at home on principle, wore my bird muck all day (parked next to Kevin the chicken so looked quite presentable). Thomas went for ride in Noble m12 gto, apparently it's quicker than a pinto. Turned into street back home and a front cycle wing braket sheared off, pulled onto drive with mudguard resting on tyre!!

You having a poke at my rat Rod!?it's my job to make other cars look good. You don't need to Polish if you are next to me. Those cycle wing brackets are a pain. One of mine is broken and held together with a couple of pieces of flat steel. I have a replacement pair waiting until I can get somebody to weld them on for me but I can't help wondering if there is a better alternative.

All of Florin's wings are wheel mounted --- but I made them from flat s/steel & there are 3 tapered strips per wheel -- IMO this allows for flexibility rather than the vibration working just on one spot which then leads to stress fractures. 50,000 miles & we are still good, fingers crossed.

Is the failure point a jagged "cut" -- this points to stress IMO

It's just above where they are attached to the plate at the bottom. I guess this would be the area which is under the most stress from vibration. They are a really thin tube which won't help. I would quite like to be able to remove them when working on the engine as I find they are always in the way.