Just Wondering?

Guest yokel

Hi Guy's,

I'm sure I'm far from the only one here who runs a bike, I currently have an ex-police (bargain!) pan european ST 1300 for commuting, in the past I've had Z1100r, Z1000st,

K100 16v, CB1000, ZRX1100, and many more, what are you lot running? and what was your favourite??

Tony

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest boggybogstar

When I was 16 I had a Puch Maxi !!!!! - only for a week though then bought a FS1E and a Suzy AP50 - both unrestricted and the fastest bikes in the school!

After a break from bikes I got back into them in my thirties

Kawasaki Zephyr 600 - nice bike but gutless

BMW R80rt - muscle bike but those carbs were a nightmare to keep balanced

BMW K1100lt - massive tourer and by far the best bike Ive owned, low centre of gravity and easily kept up with those boy racers on their cbr900's - had a radio and a cigerette lighter too !

Yamaha thunderace 1000 - nice sports bike (shouldve kept that one)

Then I became a middle age racer and bought a Fireblade - jesus what a bike - ended up getting faster and faster until one day I realised that it was impossible to go round a corner on one wheel, I lost control and if it wasnt for the me hitting the axle of the van driving towards me I would have carried on sliding into a busy roundabout!!

Worse decision I made was to have a rest from biking after that which was about 9 years ago now, i think the kit car is the bike substitute but theyres always a risk I would swap it for another one!!

Fancy a big KTM Duke or something

Guest qwerty_100
Current fleet

XL1000, KLX250 and D14/4 that I've had 25 years. Looking to get a jam pot A10 if finances allow.

Mate of mines still running one of the first K100's in the country.

Steve

R6 then moved onto a fazzer 600 which I taught CBT,s on then moved to a kawasaki zxr636 then zxr600 Idon,t ride on the road much these days but have a cbr600rr 2004 which is an out and out track bike I am probably the slowest of the slow but have a gretat time and a hell of a lot of fun. Kev

Not a biker at all but i bought a kawasaki mtx80 with the engine in pieces. Replaced the broken piston rings and put it back together. It really is a piece of crap but it only cost me 20quid. Driven it round the garden a few times quite good fun as the brakes dont work properly. I couldnt work out why it wouldnt start after putting it back together until i realised the previous mechanic had let all the coolant drain into the crank. Syphoned out about a pint of water and crud. Works though ^_^ occasionally...

Guest salty_monk

1980 GS1000GT & a 1978 GS1000E, the latter is the same age as me & I restored it last year after it sat in a garage since 1982!

I've also briefly owned a 1980 GS550E & a Suzuiki VS1400 (both doer uppers that I sold on for profit).

Some pics here http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/salty_monk/Suzuki/

I've ridden a few other bikes (only been riding a year or two in the US), Harley Sportster, Harley Dyna, Honda Nighthawk 750, Kawasaki KZ1200, Suzuki 750, Honda VFR, Yamaha Fazer, Ducati Monster to name a few :)

Dan :)

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi all

I have been on 2 wheels since I was 16, the first to take a scooter to school.

Got thretened with expulsion for pulling wheelies in the bike shed :D

Honda CG125 in London in '83 to pass the old bike test, can any one remember!! :o the guy said to ride round the block and if I step out in front of you PLEASE do an emergency stop and don't run me over :o :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Look back, don't fall off and don't run him down :D :huh: and you passed.

Bring on the "super bike" hummmmmmmm wonder why so many died! :mellow:

Still got one now. A Triumph Trophy 900 abso. brill. Before that a Kwakker 1000 tourer

Honda 750 .......

.... list goes on and on...

A bit like the list of cars.

With hind sight :mellow: I could have had my own museum

Time to move on now :D any one want to buy a Rolls Royce :rolleyes:

I like many other members have had an association with 2 wheels since i was a kid at present i run cbr1100xx super blackbird and a 1000 v twin firestorm , the blackbird has full givi luggage which i use for my european holidays, as for the best bike , probobly the gold star i had many years ago, wish i had it now.

Cheers Pete

Another biker up here in the North West. Current bike is an ‘01 Ducati 750 Sport. Great bike, handles like a dream. Being 2V aircooled it is pretty easy to service at home as well, even desmo valves (later superbikes with testa stretta head are £400/800 quid for a minor/major service!!). It is a bike with a lot of character. Wifey has just bought a new kwak 250 ninja, should be picking it up tomorrow- I’m looking forward to trying that. Previous bikes were Suzuki GP100, Kwak Z250, Honda 400/4 x2. Brian

I bought myself a YZF 600 Thundercat for 20th birthday kept it 10 years the sold it due to lack of use 2 years ago, it had only done 6000 miles, putting the radio on on monday morning hearing the amount of people killed or seriously injured didn't help matters. But i would have another when i can afford one.

When I was 16 I had a Puch Maxi !!!!! - only for a week though then bought a FS1E and a Suzy AP50 - both unrestricted and the fastest bikes in the school!

Ahhh, the standard apprenticeship :)

Had the Puch when I was 14 but never managed to get it working.

FS1E when I was 15 until I had a misunderstanding with a Lamp Post in Lingfield.

CB100n at 16 that had another disagreement with a telephone box in South Godstone.

That was rebuilt and swapped for the first of about 5 GP100's which I crashed and rebuilt over most of the South East with my furthest prang being a flip at the 87 British Bike GP at Donny

XL175 and TS185

RD 250DX and 400DX along with a couple of bans for being silly.

Eventually passed my test in 1989 on a XT 125

GPZ400C2, RD350YPVS, GPZ750 Turbo, Maggot, Diversion 900, GT750, Another YPVS, XT350, YZF750 and a KX420. Think that's about it.

Currently on my 3rd Fazer 1000. Bought a 2nd hand one a few years ago and upgraded to a new one which was superb. Then got tnother new one last year but the new shape.

All I can say is that the New Fazer is just about the most complete bike I have ever ridden. Nearly as nimble as a R1 but very comfy to ride and at just under 150 ponies, isn't too shabby off the lights. Isn't quite a mannered on one wheel as the old Fazer and still has the tendency to get a bit of a wibble coming off a high speed wheelie but apart from that, it's superb.

I have been on 2 wheels since I was 16, the first to take a scooter to school.

Got thretened with expulsion for pulling wheelies in the bike shed

Attaboy!!

When I was 16 I bought a BSA A10 with a Steib sidecar.

I got myself banned from bringing it to school after the head caught me riding it round the playground (after school, obviously), on just 2 wheels, and running the sidecar wheel down the back wall of the gym.

No appreciation for talent that man... ;)

No bikes now, but have owned a Sunbeam S7, Tiger Cub, BSA A10, Matchless 350, Lambretta LD, Garelli 50, AJS500, Francis Barnett 250.

Bob

like some others i am of an age before current super bikes

started with a nifty fifty ,

honda dream 250

bsa 500 combination

650 pre unit bonnie

always been looking for more power so fitted it weith a morgo 750 convertion

later a 750 triumph trident

then a yamaha 1100 virago

favorite was the trident .

i think a modern bike would be the death of me .

so no more .

graham