A Bit Of A Gathering Kimbolton Fayre Sunday 10th July’

Guest boggybogstar

Guest boggybogstar

SKCC are venturing to pastures new and it would be great to meet up with some folks from other parts of the country.

We’ve set a date for the 10th July and have hatched a plan which we hope will appeal to a wide audience. The idea is to visit Kimbolton Country Fayre, if you’ve not been before take a look at the linky (http://www.kimboltoncountryfayre.com ), there’s something for everyone – and for us petrolheads more than 700 cars likely to be on show.

Rather than just pitch up we’d like to suggest a Pre Show Meet, getting together for a coffee nearby and then travelling en-masse to the Show itself.

Timing would be as follows: Meet at the Little Chef on the Black Cat Roundabout (http://www.little-chef.co.uk/findalittlechef/restaurant/id/29 ) at 09.00, leaving at 09.45 latest to have a 35 mile run to Kimbolton, to arrive around 10.45. We realise that some folks may already have this on their agenda and perhaps may already be ‘booked in’ to put their cars on a Club display, that’s fine, but perhaps you’d still like to do the Pre-Show Meet/Run?

It would be handy to get an idea of numbers, because we can ask the Organisers to provide us with a dedicated area amongst the other Clubs – in addition to which we have to pre-book tickets to do so. We picked this Event on the basis that it not only looks interesting but it’s in a perfect location, anyone from East Anglia/Essex across to Leics / Northants and Milton Keynes etc can be there in an hour or so! For those in North East London or Essex perhaps we can arrange to meet up en-route as those from SKCC will be coming through the Dartford Tunnel….

So, who’s up for this?, it's a great opportunity for all clubs to meet and share stories and just simply promote 'our' hobby, also if there's anybody still building I'm sure a few would be up to allowing a passanger, looks like 'Hammy' will be my co-pilot for the day with a bit of luck

We'll be producing the route in due course which is normally an ITN file that we use via the TomTom's, if anybody wants a copy then send me a PM with your email and I'll send you it when it's ready.

So - Who's coming??, let's make a list

1. Tony B

Sounds good will check with swmbo if I can have a pass out. Think some of the guys on here have been before not sure if they have sorted any thing for this year but like you say even if only join in the run.

It is a great day out did not go last year

but have been for last 4-5

Helen posted this on the sg7 web site the last Time we went

We attended the show again as we have done for the past few years. Good to catch up with some of the Norfolk guys; long time no see, and everyone else of course.

As for the show itself, it was generally felt that there were not so many stalls to browse round although there were still plenty of cars. Perhaps the weather forecast played a big part in the lack of sellers.

Met up with: Bob Rowell, Andy & Michaela, Martin Pidd, Paul Taylor, Mike & Lorraine, Dave, Trevor & Linda, Kev & son, Martin, John & Yvonne, Steve & Lesley, John & Jill, Graham Coles, Mal & Lynn Gwynne, John.

Steve and Lesley arrived with their new caravan in tow. I got into trouble for asking Steve via email the night before: "How the hell do you get in there" insinuating that he is on the large size. I lived to tell the tale.

I would recommend it something for every one in the family and a good charity

Hope to see you there for breakfast at Blk cat

Stephen

Guest boggybogstar

Excellent, well done guys, the fun bit will be the banter at the meet followed by a fun run to the show en-masse, cant wait to meet you all

1. Tony B

2. Phil S

3. Stephen

4. Graham

5. Tango

hi tony could this be the first joint venture ?mayby on one stand with both flags ?

i have no probs with it .

does rhocar have a presence planned , and a stand arrainged ?

graham

ps if anyone feels the journey is too far and we are enroute

i am able to offer overnight accomodation and poss a bbq the night before.

Guest robert elms

Deffinatly up for this T went a few years back great show and as you said the banter and run just adds to what is a really great day out.

Cant believe there's only 6 of us ??

1.Tony B

2.Phill S

3.Steven

4.Graham

5.Tango

6.Rob E

Guest boggybogstar

Steve, its a little while before this happens I know but we probably need to book a pitch, SKCC are doing this and the plan as Graham said earlier is to fly our flags together !!(ahh - hang on,,,, SKCC havent got a flag ...... any chance Rhocar could .......no, bad idea !!rolleyes.gif)

So, if people are up for the meet could we have an idea of numbers so we could prebook please, the idea is to expand the EATOC stand thats already booked.

Get yer name on the list everyone who's interested

Guest greenwood03

anyone else up for this? From SKCC we have 8 so far ( although that includes Tony/Rob who are mentioned on this list)....i've been in touch with the organizers about getting a pitch which is no problem, aside from the fact that we need to know how big ( ie/ how many cars)....

We know that some local areas will have already booked pitches, but if you'd still like to join in with the run around as mentioned in the initial post please do pop your name down and just make a notce alongside that you're already booked into the Show. Many thx Mark

1.Tony B

2.Phill S

3.Steven

4.Graham

5.Tango

6.Rob E

• 4 weeks later...
Guest boggybogstar

Ok this is only 2 weeks away and Im not sure reading through the replies who will be meeting at the Black Cat roundabout, the SKCC runners will be leaving Dartford tunnel area quite early for a pre blat to the rendevous point (would be good to meet some more Easterly runners there - let me know), followed by the run to the Fayre itself.

Is anyone going to be at the roundabout ????????

It would be good to get an idea of the number of people we expect to meet, the list so far is;

1.Tony B

2.Phill S

3.Steven

4.Graham

5.Tango

6.Rob E

Although Rob probably cant make it because of car problems and Im already on the SKCC list, so are we really only talking about 4 people meeting at the roundabout?, Ive booked the weather so what's stopping people?

Guest boggybogstar

ok, I 'think' were building up some numbers here - but I get the impression that you lot dont like 'lists' :acute:

So, from the PM and other replies I think the runners at the Black cat roundabout at 9am so far will be;

1. qwerty

2. Graham Coles (gdc)

3. Paul Snow (snowball)

4. Paul Carter (pcarter)

5. Phill S ???

6 .Stephen (Stevedohc2b)

7. Tango

8. Bob Fry (Florin MW)

So, anymore for anymore???