Lincolnshire Meet For April

alanrichey

I'm not going to organise a special meet for April, as we already have so much on. Depending on the weather I shall go to the 'Gearheads at the Ground' meet at the Newark Showground on Sunday 9th April. If anyone fancies meeting up for lunch before attending (13:00-17:00) let me know.

Then we have the Stilton Cheese Run on the 23rd April and I know quite a few of us are on that. Finally Stoneleigh at the end of the month to round off a busy month.

Let's hope the weather treats us nicely, (I assume everyone else was also out in the car today ? Wonderful)

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Guest Clive

Cool :).....seems a lot going on!

Currently still down under.....lots of Rod stuff here and throaty Holdens! (As well as endless UTE's). V6 and V8 seems their standard issue - my little 2ltr Pinto would feel quite undressed 😕 Lol.

Of course weather is FAB....but few soft tops here so Factor 50 would be essential if I had my RH here lol. Fingers crossed weather will be good for the 23rd!

'Gearheads at the 'Ground' was a runaway success, mainly because of the weather I assume. I had 2 lovely runs through the back roads of Lincolnshire, 45 mins each way. First time this year I have been able to drive in shirtsleeves with no woolly hat. Exhilarating. And on a personal note my cooling system behaved impeccably.

I reckon there must have been in excess of 400 cars on display (plus at least another 100 'normal' cars in the visitor car park). All sizes, shapes and colours. Of note there was a group of 20 AC Cobras pitched up in formation. I was interested to see that at least 3 of them had copious amounts of steam coming out from under the bonnet, the owners seemed totally unconcerned, obviously used to it.

'7s' were well represented, about 10 Westfields, 3 Tigers, and 3 Robin Hoods. That was me, nicko and this one. Any one recognise it ?

Image1_zpsw2czhwxe.jpg

For other Lincolnshire members, in my original post I forgot to mention the coffee & cake meet at the Complete Kit Car Magazine HQ in Grantham next Sat (15th). Right in our homeland so rude not to go :) http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=45277&hl=magazine

Edited by alanrichey
  • Like 1