Midlands Run To Wales 11Th To 13Th August 2017

richyb66

Stoneleigh hasn’t even happened yet and I’m sure everyone is looking forward to a great show. However I’m already looking even further ahead to the weekend of 12th and 13th August 2017 which will be the annual Midlands area run to Wales.

The destination is once again (and possibly for the last time) Nefyn on the Llyn peninsula in North West Wales. Although the previous year’s driving route offered some of the best driving roads around, I fancied a challenge this year and so have planned something that’s as new as I can possibly make it so we’ve got some new views to enjoy.

Travel will be departing on the morning of Friday 11th August with overnight stays on Friday and Saturday nights, a jolly days drive Saturday and return home on Sunday. The Friday morning departure isn’t compulsory (some people may need to work) so if you can’t travel up in the group, you can join us later.

Accommodation wise you need something in / around the Nefyn area and as in previous years there’s plenty of choice. However some have been a little ‘mixed’ in more recent years so is anyone wants to suggest places to avoid, let me know. I’ll be sleeping in my own bed so I can’t offer first hand reviews but others are welcome to do so. There’s a fairly comprehensive list of places to stay here:

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=44117&page=1&do=findComment&comment=357733

Some of the regulars have already booked, just confirm where you’re staying and I’ll add you to the attendance list below. Remember this is open to everyone, not just those from the Midlands so if you fancy coming, get your name down and get it in the diary.

ATTENDANCE LIST

Richard and Jackie

Nanhoron Hotel

Derek and Marylin

Steve (Thrashed), Dee and Paige

Kerry and Sharon

Bob (florin) and Mo

Martin P and Dee

GRAEANFRYN FARM

Martin T, Isabelle & Karen, Stuart and Sue

Alan (alanh65) and Steve

Keith (unclechief), Becky, Matt and Jasmine

LLYS OLWEN

Trevor (redtrev) and Brian

Jez and Andy

FAIRWAY COUNTRY HOTEL

Stuart (theduck), Sarah, Ken, Zach and Tesni

ACCOMMODATION

Gwesty Nanhoron Arms Hotel.

Saint Davids Road,

Nefyn

LL53 6EA

01758 720203

www.nanhoronhotel.com

Graeanfryn Farm B and B and Camping
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6YQ
01758 720455

Fairway Country Hotel
Lon Ilchaf
Morfa Nefyn
Gwynedd
LL53 6AD
01758 721888
www.fairwaycountryhotel.co.uk

Llys Olwen Guest House
Lon Tan Y Bryn
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6BT
01758 720493
http://llysolwen.co.uk/

Edited by richyb66

No longer on the medication that caused so much trouble last year! Aiming to avoid the infamous 'Most Fluids Lost' award this year, and even better, be in the correct car!! :D I best get a place to sleep booked! I stayed at the Fairway Country Hotel last year, definitely can recommend there http://www.fairwaycountryhotel.co.uk/

• Like 1

Have booked in to Graeanfryn Farm, as last year, so will once again be sharing the breakfast table with Martin, Isabelle and Karen. Looking forward to our second 'North Wales Run'.

It was a first, last year, for myself and Steve an old College pal (from the 60's!!! - yep, we are both still alive ... just) and we thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the weekend. As soon as we arrived back from last year's run, Steve blocked out the weekend in his diary in case I invited him again this year - which I have.

My wife wouldn't enjoy the drive to the end of our road, let alone the journey to and from Wales - plus the run on the Saturday, so an alternative had to be arranged!

So ... Alan & Steve to join your trip please.

We'll make our own way there - probably Friday afternoon - and meet up on Saturday morning for the maintenance and repair slot, prior to the drive!

• 2 weeks later...

We've been out today doing more route planning, sadly not in the kit but still had a great time.

We're trying to have as much new scenery and roads to enjoy and I think it'll go down well.

Just having a cuppa at one of the route stops before carrying on.

• Like 2

We've been out today doing more route planning, sadly not in the kit but still had a great time.

We're trying to have as much new scenery and roads to enjoy and I think it'll go down well.

Just having a cuppa at one of the route stops before carrying on.

It will all be new to me! I was either passed out or...well...broken down lol

Guest MartinP

Getting back into the groove a bit, so fancy this as a inspirational run out, (albeit in the MX5). Dee & myself have booked at the Gwesty for both nights and look forward to meeting old friend and new.