Bike Carb Manifold

Guest craig030774

Guest craig030774

hi all had a accident nearly chopping off index finger at work by using a pedestal drill and the drill biting into the stainless and pulling out of clamp and acting like a big pair of scissors. had nerves and tendons re-attatched but in a splint for another 5 weeks before physio starts so i am after some info

was making a manifold for pinto for fazer 600 carbs or cbr600 as got two sets got the face plate made and was going to weld 4 stubs out of 35mm i/d pipe then to a plenum chamber then another 4 stubs to carbs, talked this over with a motorcycle engineer and thought this would be great as easy to do spacing and the carbs would in effect be self balancing.

thus my problem does any one know who could complete the fabrication as if i wait summer will be here and will probally stick 36/32 back on so can use it again.

also when i removed inlet manifold found head not to be the injection one as 1st assumed. so if anyone got one that they know to be good let me know

yes i know that should be in the wanted section but i only posted the cheque off this morning

craig

I like the idea of having a common plenum betwee the carbs and the head, and then stubs closer together on the outside to mount the carbs without respacing :) although the extra fabrication must make it a nightmare for bodgers like me.

How big does this make the manifold depth wise...

I've almost finished my new manifold for my bike carbs (38mm ones this time) just straight stubs.. much better than my previous attempt -this one no bends, but I've had to respace the carbs which has been a bit fiddly.. and the inlet flange is designed for the 2.0i head with teardrop port :)

Good luck with getting your fabrication finished..

I had a HSE reminder myself, when something got flung across the workshop when it got jammed in the bench grinder.. a bit scary..

!!!SAFETY FIRST!!!