Insurance

Guest greggors84

Guest sbfox

Hmm, I'm paying about £1500 for a Sylva Jester with a 1600 xflow in. unlimited miles, TPFT from graham sykes.

Adrian Flux refused to quote me for anything other than a Robin Hood, even thenthey refused until i pointed out their ad in the magazine.

Hmm, next year i will have a years no claims (on the kit car) and can do pass plus, but none of these reduce the premium by any amount at all! well like £10.

On a standard car a years no claims through Norwich union gives you 48% discount!

I can get a Chrysler PT Cruiser (W reg) fully comp with two additional drivers for £950 FULLY COMP!

What's going wrong with the world!? hehe

• 1 year later...

Well Roadsure have come up trumps again!

They beat Fluxy by £12 on the insurance for my Landrover Discovery (OK, fluxy did say that they'd match any quote from elsewhere, but stuff 'em, they should have been cheaper from the start!)

dont know if this is any good but how about getting an..ahem....more senior driver as the main name on the policy, and just having yourself as a named driver?

If you have a normal car as well you'll still be earning no claims (hopefully) on that, and if you pick a "senior" with a good record it should get really cheap. Ours on a 2 litre pinto has never been above £200 but then i am starting to get on a bit myself now!

Paul

Guest captn Pugwash

Just insured Cabinboy and myself for the jago jeep. Marks still only a provisional driver, £1,000 third party with Stuart Sykes - dont know if that is good or not, said it would drop a lot by next year if he passes his test and pass plus.

Word of warning, if you do not reply to a letter from them by return, litrerally, you get a letter by recorded delivery, all they wanted was proof of membership to the jago club, I felt like a bloody convict the way they treated me as a new customer. All sorted now though.

Captn

• 6 months later...
Guest Daren.F

I have done the anual ring around insurers and found:

1, Sykes £400 +

2, Roadsure £176.20 01604 639011

3, Flux £150 08700 777888 (inc RAC)

4, Sureterm direct £110.42 0700 2020230

It pays to shop around <_<

Guest docter fox

i got insured on the hood last week so thought I'd post some details.

me - 17 and dad - older...

2 litre hood, insured TPFT for a value of £3500 on a limited mileage (1500) policy, guess how much? :)

Guest TerryBarry
on a limited mileage (1500) policy,

Blimey, don't take it out of the garage too often

guess how much?

I give up :p

Guest docter fox
Blimey, don't take it out of the garage too often

I've done 197 miles in it since Friday ;) so its staying in the garage for a while now... (until i find some more money for petrol anyway :rolleyes: )

Guest docter fox

We talked to Footman James at Stoneleigh.........£602 :D

I definately have the fastest car in the student car park :lol: but I only took it in on friday and I'm sticking with the clio for day to day stuff now

Guest joni

I'm 22 now and insured my car with footman james... £223 i think. AF were the first people I called and they quoted about £800 or something stupid. I have my normal car (citroen AX GT) insured with them too and was loads cheaper than anyone else. FJ all the way. HTH's Joni

I'm 22 now and insured my car with footman james... £223 i think. AF were the first people I called and they quoted about £800 or something stupid. I have my normal car (citroen AX GT) insured with them too and was loads cheaper than anyone else. FJ all the way. HTH's Joni

how did you manage that? what miles is that, how many years NCB do you have? they quoted me about £1400 (i'm 22)

Guest joni

I have 3 years NCB, and another car with them. Got the quote from Stoneleigh last year and activated the policy about October November time. AX is under the £500 mark not sure exactly how much it is. Its limited to 3000 miles i think?? Also I have Pass Plus which shouldn't make a difference after first year of driving, but put the quote down anyway for some reason.