Sat Nav

Mitch

Guest captn Pugwash

Stephen,

just bought the same one, is there a way of downloading the speed camera positions and also teh weekly mobile positions. its seems to work okay, just taking a bit to get used to.

Captn Pugwash

Exmodave

Guest stalwart
Stephen,

just bought the same one, is there a way of downloading the speed camera positions and also teh weekly mobile positions. its seems to work okay, just taking a bit to get used to.

Captn Pugwash

Exmodave

I have a HP iPAQ Pocket PC 2100 running TomTom Navigator 3 and use it daily. Also, If you want to know where all the fixed Gatso speed cameras are, you need to buy a bit of additional software called "GP Assist" (see: http://www.gpsassist.net/ ) - very clever. You download a list of all speed cameras (see: http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php ) and link it into the "POI" (Points of Interest) software. When running TomTom, if you aproach a speed camera, not only can you see the icon of a speed camera on the screen, it gives an audiablle warning about 50 metres before you see it. Very useful! You can also download other "Points of Interest" such as hotels. If you're running low on fuel for example, it will show you (and navigate you to if necessary) the nearest fuel pump (useful if you've only got a small fuel tank!). I find the screen on the Pocket PC big enough and the voice prompts clear enough - haven't got lst with it (yet!!).

Guest stalwart
tom tom go the best by far £420 only easily taken car to car charges up in you cigy

lighter and bat lasts for 7 hours :) :D :wub:

can you download other "Points of Interest" such as Speed Cameras for the TomTom "Go"?? If I didn't already have a PDA, and I wanted SatNav, I would have def. bought the new TomTom "Go" - all the same software in a little box with screen that plonks on the dash and can transfer from car to car. What I like about the PDA with Bluetooth Receiver is it can sit in my pocket when on top of a mountain and tell me Lats / Longs and location - much better than a cruddy compass (and more accurate than my map reading!!). I looked at a number of alternatives to TomTom such as NavMan - but preferred the ease of use with TomTom. Included with the PDA disk version is principle routes through Europe - but not detailed as the UK version. I have all the UK maps installed on a 256Mb removeable memory card..........

Guest trickytiker

yes you can log other points of interest the latest down load lets you do this version 440 but you will probably need a 256 chip but thay dont cost a lot of dosh you have then got lots of space left i thik its bril :D :D :D

Guest captn Pugwash

I have a median gps palm, just bought from halfords, can I download the safety camare positions and install to my system, whats the differance between tom tom and other sets, I have 28 days to take this one back and get a full refund, so help would be apprecaited

Dave

Captn

Guest captn Pugwash

nobody got more info on the gps systems, I posted above, time is running out if I am to take the medion palm back and get a tom tom system, please help

Captn

take it back and buy a map! :angry:

One hour to get from Billsborrow to my place with it! Ok the M6 was blocked, but you could have walked it down the A6 in that time! :rolleyes:

Anyway...........As a member of the Phuckawi tribe, you're out of order knowing where you're going! :p

Guest 2BBoulton

For those with a smartphone (ie the SPV 200 or C500) you can but GPS software/hardware.

Follow the link for a review and more info. It sounds very good and I will be placing my order soon.

Bruce

take it back and buy a map! :angry:

One hour to get from Billsborrow to my place with it! Ok the M6 was blocked, but you could have walked it down the A6 in that time! :rolleyes:

Anyway...........As a member of the Phuckawi tribe, you're out of order knowing where you're going! :p

take it back and buy a map!

But one he's taken it back, how will he find his way to the map shop :D

Guest 2BBoulton

HAd a look at the site again and the prices for smartphone navigation are as follows.

Smartphone, software and bluetooth GPS reciever £400 ish (very good phones)

Software and bluetooth GPS reciever £220

Software £135

Europe upgrade £85 ish

The software includes fixed safety camera locations. :rolleyes:

They also sell a range of PDA systems and stand alone systems as well as accesories. There is a forum that is worth checking out as well if you are thinking of buying.

From the reviews the above software maps are more accurate than the Tom Tom systems although the Tom Tom systems are cheaper and will also work on smartphones.

PAys your money takes your chance.

Bruce

Usual disclaimer, nowt to do wit' me etc, etc