New Project

Mitch

I went to collect my latest Ebay purchase last night and the guy works for the airport. His boss is the one selling the plane but isn't too computer literate so the chap I spoke to is pretty much running the sale. Apparently things have slowed down and yesterday there were only 340 odd e-mails about it. Today there is a guy flying in from somewhere in Thailand to look at it.

I beleive the guys at BAe Woodford are watching with interest as they have an operational one that they want rid of. They have to decide whether it's going to be worth the time spent removing the avionics that they can't pass on to a civilian or whether they should just pull it to the fire training grounds and set fire to it.

Iain

Guest johnboymac

theres one up at east fortune airfield (as well as a concorde and i think its a boac comet - you know the first passenger jet, so it covers both pinacles of passenger aviation). anyhoo last time I was there, it was £2 to stick yer head inside as they where trying to raise cash for its upkeep.

actually, for those on the scottish trip, east fortune is 15 mins out of Edinburgh, it would probably make a good side trip, its only a couple of quid to get in and there are a fair number of aircraft - phantom, canberra etc.

Guest Battery Bill

Steve

there is a vulcan here at raf waddington that they drag out for displays, i went inside it once and they really stink!!!

Your right there I had to dry it out and re seal it a few years back what a job :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We have a Vulcan up here in Geordieland next door to the Nissan factory it's looking a bit sad, the salt air has got to it. I have thought about getting a snap with a squadron of Hoodz under the wing, but it could possibly fall off and hurt someone.

I saw one flying at low altidude when I was a kid, it scared the crap out of me.