New Clutch Cable Price

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

read loads about the dreaded clutch drag , my situation is I have tried mine for the first time (drags badly) and I think I will try a new cable before messing about with the quadrant - but I have a problem = new cable from Motor Factors £7 plus vat , new cable from Henry Ford £19 plus vat who thinks its worth the extra , dont they get fried any way ?? or is it worth the extra ?

(big big buzz movin around the garage under her own power though)

thanks for any views on this

Many go faster body kit shops, spoilers for Novas type places, sell heat protective foil covered insulating material ready sewn into a tube which can thread neatly over the clutch outer and prevent the exhaust from frying it. You still need to route it as far from the manifold as possible.

Nigel

Guest salty_monk

www.raldes.co.uk do the protective sleeve. I also lagged the manifold but used a standard cable. Do a search on here. Ant posted up a load of stuff about the transit cable including the part no.

Dan :)

Guest Wozzer

Hi,

I got the Cosworth one last week for £11 (local motor factor) and it fits a treat. Much longer to clear the manifold and alternator.

No mods needed :D

Warren

• 8 years later...

Hi guys sorry about bringing up an old threat but I have an issue with my turbo frying the clutch cable. My plan is to go with a heat sleeve however i need a longer cable, i know the cosworth is longer but I have the old cortina pedal box are there any cortina ones that are longer?