Winter Mods Nearly Finished !

winter is only just here and i have finished my winter mods already ! well almost

In the space of 6 weeks i have;-

1 removed v8 and gearbox

2 removed all wiring and rewired car from scratch ( no prem looms here or expensive plug and play =@ )

3 made new head light brackets and fitted new twin head lights

4 made new solid engine mounts, old ones were like trampolins

5 bought new box and fitted back today

6 fitted v8 back with new tiny denso alternator (thanks andi) pig to make and line up brackets!

All thats left to do is fit exhausts back on fill up with fluids put body work back on fit new led rear lights recarpet in black fit a few carbon trims (Thanks shaft) and away we go !!

will be finished within 2 weeks...

Wouldnt have taken much longer to build a new car from scratch !

next project camping / bar trailer....

As Rob says, its alright for you part timers.... :db:

My build has slipped a bit now as I am not spending too much time in the UK as of late :sorry: , still hoping for an Easter IVA, but loads to do still :acute:

Will bring you upto speed over a beer or two on Sat :clapping: .

Going to have a day starting the new dashboard build, got my dad dropping his wood work tools off ready to make a wood mock up and then make a fibre glass mould!! not looking forward to seeing the wiring behind the dash...... keeping the garage door locked..... im not risking Dan coming round and ripping the loom out!!!

Oooh Terry i still have your compression tester... i will bring it this weekend

Guest jasonmorris

I haven't started any of my winter mods yet (new cam, rockers, valve springs etc and new ignition system), cos I'm still driving at the moment. In fact its a lovely day today so going for a blast.

Dan I can't wait to see your car stretch its legs down the straights at Blyton (if we end up going), maybe now with all that power somebody can finally catch the Tazzman lol.

Rgds,

Jason

Guest jasonmorris

Dan, just been for a nice blast today around North East Lincolnshire with my daughter in the passenger seat and we both really enjoyed it. There was loads of interest in the car from the bikers when we pulled into Willingham Woods just past Market Raisen, but that might have something to do with them wondering why I was right up there arses wanting to overtake them round the twisty bits :rofl: .

Have you had that Westie on the scales yet? Just wondered how it compares weight wise to our Zero's.

Saw a yellow Westie while we were out and I have to admit they don't sound the same without a V8 under the bonnet.

Jason

Guest jasonmorris

So is the combined axle weight same as total vehicle weight? I always thought it was heavier than total weight, due to the fact that when each axle is weighed you're actually weighing more than half the vehicle. So when added together they give a figure that is generally above what the car actually weighs. Am I making sense here or speaking total crap lol? Someone please correct me.

Jason