Keeping It Legal? Front Registration Plate.

Guest RoborRoss

Guest RoborRoss

Just wondering about front number plate.

I had a sticker across the top of the nosecone before I had it repainted, but not sure if I want to do that again.

My first thought was to get a slightly undersized one and fit inder the grille, but MOT, fines etc have made me want to do it legally.

I gather from all the photos I've seen of various members cars, and other seven replicas, that the only option is to have the full size plate?

If thats the case, then I may have to reconsider the sticker again :unsure:

Ta

Rob

i have a full size plate fitted at the bottom of the nose cone and apart from a few times i rarely knock it and its been on since 2007.

i have thought about trimming a bit off the height. Whilst the actual plate would be smaller the font/lettering would be the correct legal sizing. According to the pdf above the letters just need to have 13mm from the edges. There doesn't appear to be a specified min height for the plate only the height of the letter (89mm) and the margin above and below (13mm x 2 = 26mm) so 11.5cm overall which must be smaller than a normal plate?!

Have a double check of the pdf but thats what it seems to say to me. Then i'd prob just carry a copy of the pdf to prove i'd followed all the guidelines if i was stopped.

hth

There is only one size of the font that is legal. No deviation from font or size or spacing is allowed.

To quote another member "I'll not bother fitting one as you can claim it fell off, but if you have a small one fitted they can give you a £1000 fine and 3 points for displaying an illegal numberplate"

Da Rulez:

http://www.direct.go...t/dg_067666.pdf

Who said that I wonder? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blush:

Just got to get the full size one to tuck behind the seat... :crazy:

Guest mower man

Never had a legal sized plate on the front,I run a bike size one never had any probs even when camere'd for 37 in a 30 , used to carry a plate but it got binned , quote about not attracting attention is the one ,I'll just keep my fingers crossed and if done its my own fault mowerman :crazy: :clapping:

Just for clarification,

Full legislation attached http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/561/pdfs/uksi_20010561_en.pdf.

However as others have said, if you don't attract attention to bad driving in the first place....most boys in blue will be more interested in the car itself 8)