Lincolnshire Meeting For March

alanrichey

As hinted at in the February post, the next Lincolnshire meeting will be on Saturday 7th March 'oop North' at a new venue, Doddington Hall, near Lincoln. A new car show is starting there so we felt we should help it kick off.

As usual please indicate attendance and I will up date this post. So far it's:

Me

Richard (Richard7)

Ian (barney7)

Nigel & Helen (niduncan)

Mick (mowerman)

Andrew (Ozz)

It's very close to Richard so I am delegating the detailed organising to him :), so he will provide further details.

Cheers

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Guest Richard7

Hi everyone,

This is a brand new event called "Horsepower at the Hall". Its a meet rather than a show. It sounds very good. There should be a good mix of kits, classics, sports and bikes.

Its being held at Doddington Hall on the B1190, postcode LN6 4RU. Please use the entrance labelled "deliveries" as there are 3 entrances.

Saturday 7th March 9am till 12 noon.

They have a fantastic cafe, for breakfasts, drinks, meals etc.

There is a very large farm shop selling the food they grow on site. There is also an "India Jane" posh house decour shop. So plenty to keep the lady in your life interested. As well as the house and garden (admission charge).

There is no entrance fee or registration to the car meet.

I was informed by a friend on Facebook and already there are 226 people attending.

Search on Facebook or Google for "Horsepower at the Hall - Launch event".

This event has never been done before so I cannot vouch for how good it will be, but it has potential to be very good.

I hope the weather is good and look forward to seeing you there.

Just a reminder for everyone. The next Lincolnshire meet is on next Saturday (7th Mar) at Doddington Hall, Lincoln (LN6 4RU) ('Horsepower at the Hall') from 09:00-12:00. And I guess we will probably go to the Woodcocks pub (LN1 2BE) afterwards :)

After a slight hiccup in February it also looks as though I am recovering my almost unbroken record of good weather. Fingers crossed.

This is shaping up to be a huge event, the Facebook page reckons there will be 350 visitors, with the majority bringing a car. As such Richard and I are going to aim to get there close to opening time so we can get a decent pitch. And so we can arrive in convoy we will rendezvous at the Damons Motel Car Park (LN6 3SE, Junction of A46 & B1190) at 09:00. If anyone cares to join us please let me know so we can hang on a few minutes if you get stuck in traffic.

Otherwise see you there,

Cheers

Al

A good day today at Doddington Hall. The weather was fine although the wind was pretty brutal. I forgot to organise that :)

Turnout was good, I reckon about 200 cars in total. And they varied from the usual run of the mill up to a few American muscle cars, a couple of Ferraris and even a Mclaren. And a very good turn out of Hoods of course.

doddington.jpg

Seven of use all lined up.

The organiser is hoping this will become a monthly event during the summer, 1st Saturday of every month. It remains to be seen what happens when the initial rush of enthusiasm wears off, but still well worth another visit.

Thanks to all who came and supported it,

Guest mower man

Certainly was a good morning out , even blagged a sit in the Mclaren! some very nice cars and people too [mainly hoodies ! :crazy: ] mick and stella

Edited by mower man

Just had a nice surprise. Check out the Facebook page for Doddington Hall at https://www.facebook...poweratthehall.

I'm second one down the line. I've added a note about the club to see if we can get any more members

I think we call that a success :) .

Edited by alanrichey