No More Hollowell

richardm6994

Unfortunately for reasons beyond my control, the Hollowell Steam committee will not be inviting RHOCaR to the steam rally this year and they have also withdrawn their invitation for us to use the Hollowell site for the End of Season Bash.

Their reason for not inviting us to the rally supposedly comes from last year and RHOCaR not leaving our cars on the club stand overnight (those who were there may remember the argument I had with Allan over this)

The reason they have withdrawn the use of their site for our End of Season Bash is that they feel it would be ‘too awkward’ having not invited us to the rally.

This news is completely unexpected and having been part of Hollowell gang for the last 20 years I have taken it very personally. I believe the reason given is utter bull**** and instead this is a reflection of how Allan Eaton’s attitude towards rally supporters has deteriorated over the last few years. RHOCaR are not the only ones feeling the pain and I am not the only ‘long-termer’ to be wiping my hands of them due to the rash decisions Allan is making at the moment.

What rubs salt into the wound even deeper is that I only found out this news last Friday via another of the Hollowell committee member and since Friday I have tried to contact Allan to talk their decision but he is avoiding my calls.

I believe if I hadn't contacted the committee last week to find out where the RHOCaR invites were, we wouldn't have been told about this decision until much nearer the time cause us an even bigger problem!

Please rest assured that we will do our utmost to secure a new location for the End of Season Bash and we will keep you updated.

I truly am sorry for the disappointment I know this post will bring, but please trust me when I say that there isn’t anyone who feels this disappointed more deeply than I do right now having stepped away from something which has been a large part of my life since childhood.

I am currently looking for a new location and am open to suggestions. Hollowell was ideal as it is quite central and this is how I would like to keep it if possible. the A14 corridor/ M1 corridor I think are the ideal areas to look as it keep traveling quite equal for or members in the north and those in the south. Possible locations on a post card please

Guest Gargoil

As an an alternative, could I suggest Billing Aquadrome?

It may not be ideal in some respects, but is reasonably central, capable of hosting large parties and often has car club shows.

It is a very commercial site granted and can be quite noisy at certain times and obviously not free but I have camped there twice without any problems.

Like I said, just a suggestion.

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/holidays/camping