Gbs Grumble..

Guest Takumi

Guest Takumi

Hi all, I'm going to have a bit of a grumble now.

I bought a new 4-1 stainless exhaust for the 2B from kitpartsdirect via their ebay shop, on the 06March. I received an email shortly after saying that delivery would be 7-10days, but hopefully well withing 7..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260216556002

I've just been told by Richard Hall at KitPartsDirect/GBS that they have not even started making them..? as they are waiting for tooling (for a new bending machine I suspect)

This is hugely frustrating.. I can see next week's update as being along the lines of 'we're waiting for the stainless steel tubes to arrive..'

Anyone else had the same..? this is all starting to sound like GTS-Tuning...!

I do hate it when sellers are not explicit, I fell slightly mis-lead.

:( Tak

Edited by Takumi

Hi all, I'm going to have a bit of a grumble now.

I bought a new 4-1 stainless exhaust for the 2B from kitpartsdirect via their ebay shop, on the 06March. I received an email shortly after saying that delivery would be 7-10days, but hopefully well withing 7..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260216556002

I've just been told by Richard Hall at KitPartsDirect/GBS that they have not even started making them..? as they are waiting for tooling (for a new bending machine I suspect)

This is hugely frustrating.. I can see next week's update as being along the lines of 'we're waiting for the stainless steel tubes to arrive..'

Anyone else had the same..? this is all starting to sound like GTS-Tuning...!

I do hate it when sellers are not explicit, I fell slightly mis-lead.

:( Tak

Tak,

you've clearly been mis-led. They've advertised an item for sale that doesn't actually exist and it doesn't look like they're in any position to give you a definite delivery date. I know it won't help you much if you need the manifold but I think that you're more than within your rights to ask for a confirmed delivery date in writing and if this isn't acceptable, they should give you a refund.

Personally I'd be speaking to them asap and then maybe giving some negative feedback - sadly there seem to be too many people (and companies) who are happy to use Ebay as a marketing tool but then refuse to play by the rules. Maybe a bit of honest feedback might give then the kick up the ar5e they obviously so badly need.

it depends if GBS where let down with the tooling (bending) machine as well?

Sorry but I don't agree, GBS shouldn't be putting stuff up for sale on Ebay if they're not in a position to fulfill the order - they're obviously happy enough to take peoples money, if the items aren't in stock or available then they shouldn't post the item. If they were available when they placed the ad and now aren't for some reason (like the factory burnt down or something similar), then they should update the listing or pull the item.

If they're only planning on running of a few manifolds when they've got enough people interested then there's probably a better way of canvassing interest.

Guest Takumi

I'm more dis-heartened by the fact they don't feel obliged to keep customers updated, with such big issues as not being able to produce what they've already sold.

If I were told there had been a supply problem, I would be much more understanding, it makes it much worse when you have to chase up your own overdue order for updates..! only to be let down even more..

I still need the stainless manifold, Richard did offer a mild steel version (off the shelf), to later change for the stainless one when they've been made, -but I think that would be more effort than its worth to change the exhaust twice..!

I just hope they get their act together.. sharpish, or they are going to have quite a few unhappy customers who wont want to buy from them again..

tak