Small Number Plates.

Guest Orange1982

Guest Orange1982

Hi. Just wondering who runs smaller number plates on their kit? Looking to go smaller for looks as feel normal size plates are a little ugly?

Thanks

Ran my Sr2 for 3 years and 10K miles with no front number plate...it fell off and was in my boot :db:

bloody pot holes :rofl:

From my limited understanding, if you display an illegal number plate i.e. under size, you do it deliberately so if stopped then automatic 3 points

If you claim its fallen off and have proof i.e. in boot then 99.99% of time slap on wrists and go get it sorted. However I never got a second look by cops on the road in 3 years....

Just make sure its present for MOT though :acute:

Guest James24785

It's not an endorsable offence, so will not result in points.

Carries a fine of "upto £1000" but that's worse case. If a copper was going to do you at the side of the road it would probably be a 100 quid fine and told to rectify

Mine failed its first MOT with a diddy little one. So I have a stick on big one just for MOT`s. Ive had cops looking round the car asking lots of questions about it (in a curious way), but never saying "oi, wot you doing on my manor with a smaller than regulation size number plate?".

Having said that, there`s always a first time :diablo:

motor bikes dont have front plates.

Technically it should be mounted on the vertical surface nearest the front of the car. So get a plate and grind it out to the shape of a speed hump and stick it on front crossmember ( a damaged plate or missing plate will only get a report to mot station and pay for test and then a producer at local nick).

It's not vanity - I (and I assume others) have a very low ride height. If I put a full size plate on, it would be forever getting whacked and probably ripped off.

full size number plate could have brackets made to fit it higher up, we don't do it because it looks *bleep*, vanity