Throttle Body - Megasquirt

Guest ozzy

Anybody please help !!!! i'm new to this !!!!!

I have a robin hood 2b and I have just fitted a ford sierra 2.0 dohc (8v) engine, couldn't afford a zetec!!.

I'm thinking of fitting bike carbs and a mega squirt system . I have two questions :-

1) will this engine in its standard form (efi) give good performance, anyone care to guess likely 0-60 or 2) would I be wise to fit the megasquirt, if so what bike carbs would be best.

Thanks

Darren.

Guest marsbar

Hi Ozzy, if you want to retain the fuel injection then a meagasquirt is what you want, but you are talking at least £300 plus the Edis 4 that I think you still need, then to get more out of the fuel system you will have to fit bigger injectors. Most people go for throttle boddies either Ex Bike engined or posher ones (£120 to £700)so not so cheap.

Bike carbs would require a Megajolt £119 from Trigger Wheels, Edis 4 from E Bay £30 a manifold £120 and lots of wire, but you would most likely get 150bhp to 160bhp, a 2 litre Zetec on same set up 170bhp to 178bhp, and as it has been pointed out you can get a Zetec for £150 - £200.

The standard EFI will shift, just depends on if you want the bragging rights for acceleration, its a bug if it bites you you can spend ten times that.

Good Luck

Guest ozzy

Thanks for your advice chaps, i think i will stick with the standard option for now.

I'm not far off the iva test now so I should be trundling along the roads of Norwich very soon!!!!!!!

cheers....

Guest jusycom

Yes i second that , bike carbs about 60 quid , megajolt about 80 quid diy from usa ,then just knock up your own inlet and add some hoses mine cost about 50 quid so all in all call it under 200 quid for bike carbed engine and lots of fun.

Guest mower man

:crazy:

Anybody please help !!!! i'm new to this !!!!!

I have a robin hood 2b and I have just fitted a ford sierra 2.0 dohc (8v) engine, couldn't afford a zetec!!.

I'm thinking of fitting bike carbs and a mega squirt system . I have two questions :-

1) will this engine in its standard form (efi) give good performance, anyone care to guess likely 0-60 or 2) would I be wise to fit the megasquirt, if so what bike carbs would be best.

Thanks

Darren.

Get the thing through the relevant Stupid tests as std and get some milage in [135 bhp in 7to800k will focus your attn ] 0to 60 depends on diff ratio but I would expect 7ish secs then when you know what you got doe the mods you can afford [ the org lotus seven had less than 49 bhp and was very imp] HTH mower man :crazy: