Computer Help

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

when I first log onto rhocar a poker website comes on - news blocks titan poker, which I close

30 seconds later user account control pops up from the windows command processor saying there is a programme without a signature trying to run - I cancel this, but it flashes up 6 or 7 times.

3 or 4 minutes later another programme starts - disk antivirus professional and starts scanning, which says I have numerous viruses, trojans etc you can stop it but you can't close it down, it then knocks the internet off and I have to shut down the computer.

I've done a full scan with the mcaffee net protect plus that I have with BT it says all protection is in place and there are no viruses etc on the computer

does anyone else have this problem and how do I get shot of it ? any help would be greatly appreciated as I have'nt got a clue

It does sound like you have a virus lurking somewhere on the system.

Get either AVG or Avast antivirus programs (they're free) and install them. They catch most of the bad stuff.

Also, try starting the machine in safe mode (when machine starts, keep tapping F8 repeatedly until the machine asks if you want safe mode) This only loads microsoft drivers that are required and then run a complete antivirus scan.

There's no easy way to remove viruses once they have been activated on your system unfortunately. You can only hope that the antivirus programs can kill them, but they could have caused havoc with any of your files.

When your system is reported clean, make sure that the windows (or another) firewall is turned ON and working and keep an up to date antivirus running.

---- And stay off those dodgy sites ! ----- :)

Simon.

"disk antivirus professional "

does anyone else have this problem and how do I get shot of it ? any help would be greatly appreciated as I have'nt got a clue

I was on here at lunchtime last week at work and I got this disk anti-virus professional pop up. I knew it was a virus but it had got through at work so I got IT to look at it. hey couldn't remove it with the usual tools and have ended up replacing my machne and taking the old one away to have it rebuilt.

Probably not what you want to hear. Even if your anti-virus says the machine is clean, it probably isn't.

Have a read of this:

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/how-to-remove-disk-antivirus-professional.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MalwareRemovalTips+(Malware+removal+tips)

Guest mark little

thanks all, I used to have avast but it would'nt work when I switched to bt internet so I went to the bt macaffee system, logging off now for the full system scan.

cheers Mark

Glad its sorted, I find that running AVG Free and SpyBot 2 (also free) side by side catches even the most nasty stuff. SpyBot has some neat rootkit scanning stuff built in.

Might be worth changing your internet passwords now however!

Guest oddsocks

when I first log onto rhocar a poker website comes on - news blocks titan poker, which I close

30 seconds later user account control pops up from the windows command processor saying there is a programme without a signature trying to run - I cancel this, but it flashes up 6 or 7 times.

3 or 4 minutes later another programme starts - disk antivirus professional and starts scanning, which says I have numerous viruses, trojans etc you can stop it but you can't close it down, it then knocks the internet off and I have to shut down the computer.

I've done a full scan with the mcaffee net protect plus that I have with BT it says all protection is in place and there are no viruses etc on the computer

Your not the only 1 that gets this i do to! So it cant be your computer surely it the host computer thats has the problem???

Im not the best on computer but its only when i open up the rhocar site that this happens.

^Depending on how much this annoys you there is a workaround for this and indeed all internet adverts.

Switch to Firefox instead of the very shonky, vulnerable and generally poor Internet Explorer - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Install Adblock - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Enjoy a non-cluttered internet that doesn't try and sell you things :-)

Guest aidankinnell

I got this poker ad today whilst on the works laptop on the work network, I just closed Internet explorer as I lost trust in the site. 2 minute later I'm told my laptop is infected (by McAfee) and a random virs scanner starts up, closes all my excel windows.

I had to shutdown and then run a scan, 19 Trojans found, IT traced it back to the site. Could there be an issue with the host server by any chance?

Work have now blocked Rhocar on their network!

Two members up here cannot access the site either yet I can they are using windows I'm using iMac I tried at work tonight and couldn't get on either. They keep getting server error so there must be one thing happening with the site.