Ideas For End Of Season Bash 2017

philshelton

Proper car show with independant judging ? .Ok its a 2 day thing and I don't mind paying my wack but lets have easier 1 day entry if I'm wrong please enlighten me mick :80: :crazy:

Poor old organisers can't win :) They got stick last year for charging to go on the Sunday. The way I see it, it is actually a one-day thing, running from 09:00 to 23:59 on Saturday. If you want there is the option to stay over Friday night to make an early start, or stay over Saturday night to avoid having to drive home. Nothing really happens on Sunday except a leisurely breakfast, a hangover recovery operation and a lot of banter. Most people, apart from the valuable few who volunteer to shut everything down, are probably gone by early afternoon.

So my vote remains with a single payment for Saturday with the 'free' option to stay (camp/caravan) on the Friday and Saturday nights (or attend on the Sunday if you just want a chat),

Edited by alanrichey
  • Like 3

Do you have a definite date Yet? The leave booking sheet for next year is already out in my office and soon fills up so I need to get my name down asap or I won't make it unless it falls on my Saturday off.

As to activities my wife had some ideas the last time we managed to get there a couple of years ago for the children,kite flying and face painting spring to mind.

Come to think of it face painting for the adults could amusing after a couple of Drinks!

I like the idea of an organised car show, with an organised run out to may be to GBS or a venue that would attract all types, similar to the stilton cheese run which attracts 300 people.

Could horse power at the hall be asked to attend?

For the people that attended the day events that didn't stay over ,maybe a night ticket to see the band?

Advertising the event will be key, Facebook, all members can like it and spread the word, magazines and direct contact with other clubs.

I like the idea of an organised car show, with an organised run out to may be to GBS or a venue that would attract all types, similar to the stilton cheese run which attracts 300 people.

For the people that attended the day events that didn't stay over ,maybe a night ticket to see the band?

Advertising the event will be key, Facebook, all members can like it and spread the word, magazines and direct contact with other clubs.

Whilst I'm sure others may disagree, I believe an organised car-show and an organised run-out are not best suited to be held on the same weekend.......if we're trying to put on a 'show', we wouldn't want all of our exhibits and guests leaving the showground for hours on end and leave the venue looking like a ghost-town for the best part of the day.

Ideally I believe all the 'attractions' of the show are best based at the venue.

The Markb memorial run works during the weekend because it was only 30mins to the pub, and 30mins back (with an hour at the pub) and was done late afternoon (after lunch and before dinner).

The more kit-cars & people which turn up, the better, and if we had enough cars to put on a show, then great.......but I wouldn't want to loose sight of the ethos of the weekend being a End of Season party / camping weekend hosted by RHOCaR primarily (but not exclusively) for members to get together for one last gathering before the dark months of winter descend.

Edited by steamer
  • Like 3

Guest Ian & Carole

Both times I attended the Hall there were the turbo ratting lowered Subarus that spent ages just listening to their engines and on leaving left long black tyre marks out of the exit. :80: :aggressive: It has now moved to Newark show ground because it "out grew" Doddington Hall.

If you listen to the locals that wasn't the reason at all.

Guest mower man

OK my post was in no way a complaint ,downer or critisim of the commitee or organisers ,asked for what I should like to see I replied with a show which would keep attenders present for longer . I prefer not to do 2 day meets [unless its LeMans ] and don't camp any more [like my own bed ] ,the venue is ok for 1 day attendance and seems plenty big enough to accept visitors as to the run out Mark B was friend , a brilliant organiser and deserves more than a quick blat to a pub for glass of shandy ! . the horse power at the hall was killed by date alterations and the ability to get 2 weddings in at the venue against a patchy crowd on sat morning ,I agree with Ian about noisy sods with posers cars but find a very nice array of other stuff on a nice sunny afternoon if I go to the next couple I'll enquire about their feelings of a joint do ok , hope I have not rattled any cages etc mick :80:

as to the run out Mark B was friend , a brilliant organiser and deserves more than a quick blat to a pub for glass of shandy

Mark was a good friend to a lot of people Mick and I'm proud to count myself amongst them. Given my previous comments in the post above about not wanting to draw the crowds and cars away from the show for a long period of time (no more that 2-3 hrs), it would be good to hear what alternatives you think he deserves, other than a quick 'blast to the pub' - which incidentally raised £150 towards charity.

No offence taken Mick, would just like to hear what the alternatives would be.

As Alan rightly points out, Everything the event has to offer (apart from the free camping) happens on the Saturday....so you dont need to camp / stay more than 1 day to get the full benefit (beside loosing out on the free camping pass). This is why a Saturday only tickets would be the same price as a full weekend tickets.

Haven't been to an EOSB but competions always go down well. Best homemade cake which also sorts out the pudding on the evening.

Bingo, extra prize is a years free RHOCAR subscription. All those little bits hanging around the garage, never to be used could be good swapsies, so a little auto jumble there.

Three legged/ egg and spoon, all classics and get people involved. Could some of the kit car mags contribute or get involved?