Wiring Help..

dandan62

I have just discovered my front and back side lights, rear fogs and number plate light aren't working. I have checked and there is no voltage to the two fuses, which are fine. The Haynes wiring diagram baffles me. Any ideas where to start? It's Sierra based. The only thing I've done in the last few months is replace the ignition barrel and I don't know if the lights have worked since then as I haven't been out at night. I put the old one back and still no lights. All other lights are fine.

trace the feed wire back and test where you can for voltage I would suspect a problem around steering column from when you changed ignition switch, have you got a feed to the column switch?

Guest MrToad

Feed from light switch (standard Ford) feeds to the fuse box and if you are using Ford fuse box that will common feed to fuses 5/6/7 in turn feeding side lights and No. plate lights.

Fog light could also be included.

Shame you're not closer as I would have come to help as I have been working on all my electrics to get through IVA part of which included fog/side/head lights to meet the changed regulations since 1988.##

Suggest you start as previous thread and check the voltage from the control stalk, if working check the feed at the fuse box end. Standard fitting does not include a relay.

If you still have problems I have a layered set of wiring diagrams that show separate functions rather than confusing Ford layouts, did get it off the web but can't find it now.