Copying Dvds To Micro Sd Cards

Guest sparks

Guest sparks

I have just bought the kids a Scroll excel tablet for watching movies, when we fly, drive or for in the caravan.

I want to make use of the large Disney DVD collection they have built up and was wondering if anyone can give me An Idiots step by step guide on how to copy the dvds onto a micro sd card which can be plugged in the tablet, so they can watch the movie.

I believe I need a piece of ripping software and may be a decrypting software.

Thanks

Mark

It sounds like you need to convert from DVD format into something like DivX or XviD compressed format.

There is a free program called "Any Video Converter" found at

http://www.any-video...for_video_free/

Get the free version - never times out but does nag you at the end if you would like to upgrade.

It does take some time to process films but you can batch them and leave overnight.

If you want to copy the DVDs then get DVD4Free which, once you insert the DVD, allows you to copy straight from the disc and the program above will convert the films for you.

Simon.

Guest sparks

Hi Simon,

Used DVDFab HD Decrypter which rips and decrypts and converts into AVI. One disney movie took about 30 minutes from start to finish, so not bad.

Mark

I wasn't sure if DVDFab could still manage the later encrypted disks, but if it worked for you, that's ok. :)

I know that DVD4Free should always work as this scans for the CSS encryption on the DVDs and then sends the unencrypted version along to whatever programs you want to use. Sort of what a DVD player does anyway.

Simon.