Surrey Top

Guest Jameslark

Guest Jameslark

Has anyone got any dimensions or a diagram of a Surrey top for a 2B. I could just measure but if anyone knows the exact dimensions it will no doubt be better than my efforts. Also if anyone knows of a really good seamstress or do I go back to Lesley Storr?

Guest Jameslark

Just had very bad news back from Lesley at LSD. She doesn't do surrey tops and has referred me to Oxted Interiors. Has anyone used them because from the website it looks mighty expensive.

I am in the process of completing a surrey type top for mine. All I need to get now is some of that plexi glass window stuff and cut out and put a window in the rear.

I found that it's not difficult to do but it is time consuming putting it on, marking a point, taking it off, fitting press stud, refitting etc

You can see my attempts towards the end of my web site photo album.

Simon.

Guest chris brown

I'm with Bob make your own it isn’t hard and if you look around you will see there is loads of different ones but however you do it go for the awning rail over the screen and forget press studs I used press studs and put up with getting wet every time it rained (I tried lodes of ways to keep it out some better than others but none very good) But last year the old surrey finally gave up so bit the bullet and fitted an awning rail, Just wish I had done it sooner as there is not a drop getting in now.