Turbo

Guest SMR610

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Daniel Aldridge

I have asked something similar before and got little response, the way i understand it some people have then but if you have the pinto there rare to get hold. I have been looking into making a bespoke exhaust manifold for the turbo but am only in the first stages of collecting information, it does seem as if its possible Turbo'ed Up Pinto this is even on a pinto engine all be it the American original its just a matter of finding someone with the tools to do it haven't found much on the inlet to Crab yet but it to seems possible.

Allan

There is a 2b (Super Spec) turbo but it uses a Rover (Honda!) T series engine.

The RHSC cars are build by people (mainly) as a fairly cheap hobby...turbo Pinto = loadsamoney :( and there really isn't much room under the bonet!

Dave

I've got to ask the question........

why would anyone want a Turbo???????

What is it about speed???????

Surely 135bhp from a mildly tuned pinto must be enough!!

If not buy a motorbike.

I have to say that this forum sometimes seems like a "Boy Racers" playground.

Nuff said

Ianz,

Good idea about the motorbike, problem is 11 months ago whilst on my daily ride to work I got knocked off mine,11 months of sh*t and 2 operations later, the latest one only last week, I still can`t do my job and I still can`t ride, that`s the reason I bought my RH in the first place and as much as I like it, it feels a bit tame.

NUFF SAID

Might help if you say what engine you got :) But if it is the pinto block and your running a hot cam/ twin 40's etc. and still not happy then I would suggest changing the whole engine for the Vauxhall 16V engine in for an easy boost, or even go mad and put a Cossy block in!

Guest Charles B

I used to work on turbo installation design a few years ago. My advice is adding a turbo to an engine is hard work. You have to drop the compression, figure out the new fuelling on boost. Carbs are difficult, and modding injection is too. The only manifolds that last have to be cast in special high nickel cast iron, etc etc.

There are several small superchargers around which are easier to install, but you still have the fuelling problem.

If you really want a turbo, buy an engine with one on already!

Hi All,

I belive Nomis is the one with the Super Spec with a turbo fitted, i havnt seen it but i have seen a few piccies and it looks bloody cramped in the engine bay with all the extras that go with it and thats before anything like battery, expansion bottle ECU Etc goes in, its going to be a clever use of space to fit everything.

Bugsy

Well thats a lost membership thanks to ian, I was planing to join at the Exciter but if thats the kinda of people that are members I dont think it's worth my money I dont need to be insulted just for wanting more power out of my car, and "boy racer" isnt needed just because your old and speed scares you. :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

Well thats a lost membership thanks to ian, I was planing to join at the Exciter but if thats the kinda of people that are members I dont think it's worth my money I dont need to be insulted just for wanting more power out of my car, and "boy racer" isnt needed just because your old and speed scares you. :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

You signed up and joined teh forum just to say you don't now want to join the club??!! Please don;t start flames on my board, he is more than entilted to his opinion and no one else is bothered. Some people build for fun, others for speed, and some for a bit of both!

MarkZ

just because your old and speed scares you :D
depends what you mean by old :p

There is a place for speed and its called a "race track", on the road we have children and grannies...last time I raced there wern't any on the track :huh:

I don't think Ian was calling anyone specifically a "boy racer" but I think they deserve very very long prison sentences...two round this way got 5years and 7years recently for doing 80 in a 30 and killing one girl and leaving her husband with no legs. (Not long enough if you ask me)

If you are one of these then don't reply 'cos I don't want to hear, but if you know how to use power then join the club 'cos you won't meet a better class of person than a hoodie :)

Dave

Guest The Rev

Sounds like a good arguement brewing...

Think the forum is a great way of learning about the Cars and having a good natter so hopefully folk will not "throw toys out of the pram" when someone says something.

Frankly I have been very lucky to have the country spend a lot of money on me and give me some super driver training. However I can asure you it is not nice picking up arms, legs and other body parts, calculating impact speeds from blood splashes... and worse is delivering death messages.

Nevertheless I think the old MG motto of "safety fast" still has a place. The twisty B class roads are fun without having to be OTT with the right foot. The track is the place for excessive right foot, but there is a time and a place (as they say) for everything.

Rennie