Air Filter

Guest Radical

Guest Radical

We are building a 2b with a 2.0 litre pinto with a standard carb. We haven't got much of a gap between the top of the carb and the bonnet, so not much room for an air filter. Has anyone else had this problem and what sort of filter would you reccomend. Thanks.

Guest chris brown

There’s no easy way round this problem as pancake filters are worse than useless as they waste that much power as to be a total waste of time. The only really successful answer is to ditch the manifold and downdraft carb and go for a sidedraft setup that way you can use a filter or filters that wont strangle the engine.

Guest chris brown

:wub: Sorry Richard that is the best I have seen so stand corrected. :wub:

Can’t get it right all the time but once would be nice. B) I still think sidedrafts are better ;)

Guest Battery Bill

Round at Nightracers (Ron) house tonight with Craig to see how his build is getting on he showed us a new product at Argos which might be of interest to some.

Look Here :D

Guest salty_monk

I doubt it but he may be able to fit it on a hose similar to Bill has done, depends if he can find a "solid" 90 degree rubber bend, the turn isn't a problem with the injection.

We managed to get a short one of that style under Drew's bonnet though but see the one on mine below, Piper which worked well & fitted with clearance, Demon Thieves do them but cheaper elsewhere... :)

DSCF0719.jpg

Ther is a link someware but i cant find it. However you can fit an adaptor on the carb with the air intake pointing forwards, add a pipe to the front and put your filter on that. Added benifit of cool air

Ther is a link someware but i cant find it. However you can fit an adaptor on the carb with the air intake pointing forwards, add a pipe to the front and put your filter on that. Added benifit of cool air

northwest hoodies site :)