Dole Money

Guest peter2b2002

Guest Gargoil

While we are putting the world to rights.

I think that when you are born in this country there should be a pot of money put aside. This money is to cover your unemployment and your pension, throughout life. It's up to you how you use it. Once its gone, it's gone.

That's probably impractible and over simplified, but it seems unfair that the few can claim so much, while those that don't know the system get very little.

I wouldnt trust any government to look after a pot of money for me.

As an example, I have a pension from a bank I used to work for, and one from

Bromley council, who I also worked for.

The bank pension was just increased by 3.5 % following successful investment

of the pension fund.

The council one has remained the same due to "difficult investment opportunities"

Who (like me) thinks they also got 3.5% but kept it for themselves?

Very complex tax & benefit laws keep us in the dark & millions of tax/benefit/accountant employees in "work" pushing the same money pot round in circles & on the way removing their lump.

If all these tax/benefits were crystal clear we would have riots & governments would fall, never let the right hand know what the left is doing -- keeps them all employed.....

I'm lucky to have only been out of work once, over 25 years ago, and by the sounds of it the system hasn't got any better.

I was made redundant so went to the job centre, and was told I couldn't claim until after 4 weeks due to severance pay. I dutifully arrived at my new appointment after 4 weeks to be told I was in the wrong and was 4 weeks late registering.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lotusPaul

I hope its not all doom and gloom,I'm out Army in April 2017. Ok I get a pension but its not great, just covers the household bills. If I want to eat then I got to get a job,simple as that. And according to the advice given so far as I'm earning a pension then I'm not entitled to a penny.

Thanks Government

Why the heck do you think you deserve as much or more than somebody who has spent their last twenty years watching jeremy kyle or slaving away on their playstation. Honestly just because you've been serving queen and country instead of soaking up all the benefits you can.

Seriously though your service record should help you surely. Plenty of driving jobs out there if you have the right licenses, if you want to do it though. They pay well too. Of course you may have another trade. I wish you well in what every you do.

Was made redundant at 58 ( first ever claim for anything), had to take private pension early to prevent house repossession, went to claim dole, "because you have a pension you will only get £12 quid a fortnight" , it used to cost me £2 to park to sign each fortnight, in the end told them to shove it where the sun dont shine and caused a bit of a scene.

Been working now 5 years with what amounts to a £14k a year pay cut but can sleep at nights. It totally p*ssed me off to watch the t*ssers who had no intentions of ever working or actually looking for work attend each time who would walk across the road straight into the pub after signing.

anyway rant over

Best of luck Peter and others in the same situation remember there is light at the end of the tunnel ( in my case its someone with a torch bringing me more work though)

Derek

Guest peter2b2002

oops I was looking at my emails for the interview time as that's how they contacted me, wrong they sent a text that I missed just back from a very nice 5 day holiday with swmbo in Suffolk blue sky's nice and warm, come back to a cloud burst, nice to be home for a couple of days then off to the 24hr Le Mans, when I get back I will try the dole shop again

peter2b

Guest lotusPaul

I don't have a problem with bettering yourselve but I really angers me when you see all this on TV and everyone on the rock n roll has massive plasma TVs,smokes,drinks,all girls have nails done, a full face of slap on yet none have a job..but they all say "I get paid"

They don't get "paid" they get "given"