In A Spin

Guest Bobbers

Guest Bobbers

since I got my s7 on the road I go out in it at any chance I get , but I got caught out in some light rain yesterday . I know now why mowerman said be carefull in the wet # damp roundabout facing backwards new underpants ........

Lesson learned, glad you got away with it.

You really do need to adopt your driving style in these cars, modern FWD cars are just too easy to chuck into a damp corner and come safely out the other side that it's not hard to find yourself in trouble if you drive your kit the same way.

Guest mower man

Hi Rob glad you are ok ,the first time is a bit of a shock to say the least! she bit me once or twice under similar conditions fortunatly stayed on the black bit ,have fun mick :acute: :crazy:

Guest peter2b2002

when I lived down south I used my 2b to get to work 2miles 1round about,for 2months during summer, come autumn,too wet and cold ,I took my disco to work ,first time I went around the round about i forgot what I was driving heaven knows how it didn't turn over, never forgot that

peter2b

Yes, Bobbers, your S7 just taught you a little lesson. Happy to hear you and the car are ok. I've got some video from Barkston of a Hoody getting caught out big time. Must get around to putting it on here sometime.

Guest Darren2010

I'd had mine two days and got caught out, it was damp after a shower Total 360 on a Roundabout right next to Tesco Petrol station... The shaking heads and looks of disgust from the people filling up thinking I was a stupid boy racer!!!! And I was only tootling!!!

I lasted about 2 months. Then half way around a corner I accelerated sharply tried to get her to drift a bit. Result - she departed straight into the hedge :) Damage limited to number plate, offside mudguard and my pride. However, as iank said, I think you have to have that first crash/spin to get it out of your system, then you know there are limits and drive with much more care afterwards. You just have to hope you escape relatively unscathed as many of us seem to have done.

Guest Bobbers

I used to be able to drift my wife's mx5 easily but the s7 spun that quick I was backwards before I knew what was going on . Will now respect the right foot in damp, pinto engine seems to make power from 2000 revs mx5 power was all high up Rev range ...lesson learned

Tyre pressures are critical so is warming the rubber up. The geometry on a Sierra axle has a bit to much toe and a lot of camber.

My original set up had way to much understeer, even with softer front springs and tiebar conversion it's still a little loose on the front but is not tail happy.... Yet.... LSD going in and I've just bought a set of Dinlop type R track day tyres so we will see