Marlin Build Progress Update

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

It's been a few months since I last posted any updates on my marlin build so here we go!

The car is well on the way to being complete but I still have a lot to do, I have fitted most of the body panels but taken them back off so I can finish building, I have fitted the rear wings and lights( still have reverse and fog to do) the car is now off the build stands and on the driveway for the first time today!

I have a bit more to do with the exhausts, long story short I clocked up the last weld, and now have to remake a very tricky part this week, then I can run the engine propperly and hope my lambda fuel mix lean issues disappear( the lambda sensors are right where the down pipes bolt to my exhaust system, which hasn't been bolted on so the probes are seeing more air than they should. If not then it's another build issue to add to my long list. The car is a bit of a 1 off as the manufacturer have not built a car using the 5 series as a donor with an m3 engine so there are lots of teething issues, the main ones now being fixed.

I have to finish the lights, do the interior and dash and then get ready for IVA! Here are some pics

FA1FD771-B623-48E3-91B8-35C3CF9A192D_zpsagojeos5.jpg

7BB02DE8-777F-40CC-B2A8-BA9C0E8DB92D_zpsfqugukag.jpg

11FB4E24-D559-4116-9D26-3730D2D4F57C_zpsm5v7mvbn.jpg

420A8FA5-1968-468A-BA2E-A55B1C22FD5C_zpszqbqa9ob.jpg

E84C3C0E-CFE2-4F2D-B4CC-914F24CAB7D0_zpsjhnwyyhq.jpg

90BA64BC-1D15-480F-AAE6-9327AF562B28_zpsztchsupf.jpg

Guest mcramsay

Yea I don't think I have any idea what it will be like to drive, 340 bhp in a light car with little weight on the backend.... I wouldn't reccomend an m3 engine to any one light heartedly! The trouble it has been to fit, mainly the size. It's massive, the wiring is complicated, and then chuck in an immobilizer which is coded to the ecu, key and alarm box from one car, along with the engine having a very complicated twin vanos inlet and exhaust constantly variable cam timing which is prone to go wrong.... Oh yea and everything remotely related to an m3 and you can double the price! Sometimes wish I had planted a rover v8 in!