Part Built 2b

BigLee

All. I have recently been contacted by the relative of a West Yorks member, who has unfortunately passed away.

He was building a RH 2B and the car is now for sale.

Here is the text from an email I have received.

"As you can see the engine and running gear are fitted as are brakes and steering rack. The floor panels and rear panel are on but pretty much everything else needs to be finished. All parts are available along with many additional items needed, ie, gauges, donor parts etc.

The car has the donor car vin plate and V5 (2L sierra) and is SORN registered.

It has double wishbone front suspension (not sliding pillar), wet weather hood, luggage rack.... see invoice note for other stuff.

Car is in Yeadon, Leeds but will be relocated to Birstall shortly. The complements of the kit are stored in a secure lockup but will be reunited with the car when it is moved."

I don't have phone number but will pass on any enquiries if you PM me or email me.

Here is a piccy of the car at the moment.

2bchassis.jpg

There are more images I have uploaded including orig invoice

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

The car is advertised at 2K. - Much less than purchase!

Busy this week if I don't get back immediately, but I will pass on all enquiries. Tel number would be useful!

Sorry to hear about the circumstances causing the sale. My goodness. Less than 20 miles from me. Like going down memory lane. This example seems to be in a similair stage of build as the one I bought. Still plenty of work there and the price is very reasonable I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikeluk

Thanks everyone for looking but the car is no longer for sale.

The car belonged to my Uncle H and was, shall we say, a 'talking point' for certain family members.... that bloody car! etc.. (sorry, I should have warned those easily offended to look away I know!). I had planned to sell the car on their behalf and with the fantastic support of Big Lee (who I might add, offered help and support after receiving an email out of the blue, from some bloke he didn't know, babbling on about a car he (me) didn't know the first thing about) the advert was placed and the car was for sale.

Well, the thing is.... for whatever reason the chassis and the balance of parts were in two different locations, I had to get everything together in one place so potential purchasers could come and view the kit. So, I made room in the garage (= went to the tip several times), got the chassis and the parts and brought them all home. The kit is now in the garage reunited once more. H's friends helped with the move and we all agreed it would be a great shame not to see the old girl finished and put to good use - vivid images of H grinning so much his head might fall off backwards sprung to mind.

This is when the little voices in the back of my head started... build it, Build It!, BUILD IT!.... So, because i'm not a loony and because of the little voices in my head, I told the misses (lies - I had to ask) that it's just not right getting rid of the car and that I am going to finish the car myself. Someone has to do the grinning and head falling off bit that Uncle H should have been doing and it should be me (besides, if I got rid off it H's friends would stamp on my toes and call me names).

So that's it, wish me luck (perhaps wish good luck to the car instead), thanks everyone for looking and thanks again Big Lee - I have joined the forum as you suggested - The car is no longer for sale, the forum search engine will be broken by the time i've finished with it and everyone will be fed up with me asking stupid questions. :D

Right, let's get started, who's got a copy of video#4 because I don't have that one?

Well done that man!

The best advice that I can give to you, is that if you are not certain about something, ASK before you do it!

Spend a night or two reading through all the members builds, see where they had problems and how they sorted them.

(including the NW website for how to fit the panels etc)

Join RHOCAR and then offer tea and biscuits to your area sec to tempt him to bring a couple of knowledgable 2 B types with him to point you in the correct direction.

Bum a ride out in someone elses car, especially when things aren't going too good.

Although it looks like a lot is done, they are only the "big pictures" that have been hung, it's all the smaller stuff that takes the time. Don't think that you'll be driving around the lanes this summer in it, you won't! maybe next year if you put the time in.

Get the wife and kids involved, even if it's just holding spanners for you, as building a kitcar is the start of a road to divorce if "her indoors" thinks that you're neglecting her!

Guest Tony Tank

Well done you have made the right decision.

Like Jim says when the going gets tough walk away, think about it and ask the question, someone some where will have the answer.

Tank ;)

MOVED TOPIC TO CHIT CHAT so we can carry on rather than fill for sale section.

Welcome Nick

Always nice to have another Yorkie in the club. Take Steve (Grizzly) up on his offer and come to the next meet and say hello. I might even go in mine providing i don't have to take the engine and box out again. It's been in once after fitting new box and clutch but had to take it out again due to a slight problem. I was going to do it today but have had a bad weekend.

See new post.

Barry

Guest mastarforth

sorry for the circumstances

but good luck, Hours of getting annoyed and having to walk away but the grin on your face when driving one is tremendous.

Good luck and I am sure you will get all the help and support as everyone does fomr this site

andrew

Guest timswait
So that's it, wish me luck

Good luck mate ;) It's unfortanate circumstances, but what better way to remember your uncle than having this car to remind you of him. I think everyone that builds a car has some emotional attachment to it, but for you it'll be really special.

I was just about to log on and update this advert and I see I've been beaten to it. Good to see you on the board Nick. See I told you they were a friendly bunch - Well some of them anyway!!!!

Good luck and you have my phone number if you need any help.

Cheers

Lee