Program Of Works

Guest Andy Hamilton

Guest Andy Hamilton

After being off the road for 6 years, I have finally started a program of work to get my Robin Hood 2B plus back on the road! It has been sat in the garage whilst life's other priorities took over (kids, work etc).

So I am hoping that in the next 3 weeks I will get an MOT booked and be out running around Huddersfield.

I have replaced all ball joints and track rod ends. I will be doing a full engine service incuding timing belt change. I might even replace the camshaft spray bar on my pinto EFI. Brake fluid and tyres are on the list to replace too.

Only thing that is likely to hold me up is finding the keys!! They must be in that safe place.

Looking forward to getting back out on the road. Hoping my 8 year old son will love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy Hamilton

Update:

Upper and lower ball joints replaced (as in previous post) and fully reassembled

Track rod ends replaced and reassembled

Oil drained

Timing belt replaced after 2 days of effort to remove the harmonic balancer (obviously I needed a harmonic balancer puller)

Valve clearances adjusted

Spray bar cleaned (no need to replace - I now have a spare)

New spark plugs installed

New oil filter installed

Oil refilled

Brake fluid and coolant purchased but not replaced yet

Battery on charge

Getting closer.... if I can just find the KEYS!!

Guest Andy Hamilton

Keys found!!

Reassembled everything this evening and it fired up first time (after cranking it over with the dizzy cap removed to build oil pressure). I gave it a run along a few hundred meters of private road and everything seems to work.

I still need to change the brake fluid but feeling pretty pleased ☺️

Guest Andy Hamilton

Passed - no advisories! Well worth the few weeks work when you get compliments on the build and prep of the car.

Will be out and about around Huddersfield area.....

• 2 months later...