I Need A Runaround

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I ended up buying a Land Rover freelander TD4 the exact opposite of what I was initially looking for... got an 06 plate with 99950 miles on the clock, but has had the big mechanical bits sorted in the last 2 years. Injectors serviced , new pump, DMF and clutch all done within the last 15,000 miles. Got it with 4 brand new tyres and a year MOT for just under 3k. Quite surprised at how well it pulls and it feels like you are driving a tank... I quite like it to be honest!

My wife had one and we liked it but once the first child came along we found the boot too small for the buggy. Used it to tow caravans lots of times and it pulled OK once you got going, just the pulling away from a standstill was a bit slow. Good choice, enjoy.

Guest lotusPaul

Audi A4..loved my N reg estate. TDI red eye, 50mpg. Solid car. Problem was the aircon unit, it went big time, common fault and easliy fixed by factory Audi. At 1k of the queens pounds. Great cars till they go wrong then its big bucks.

Guest peter2b2002

I got rid of our freelander reg PE52 115k miles within 3 years the center dif thing gave up and the rubber support bearings failed both sills were rusting towards the rear end both swmbo and i thought it was to bouncy even with the rear seat folded down didn't have a lot of room with the seats up our labs were cramped it got through front tyres very quickly under 20k miles then the clutch felt as if it was going to give up so now I've got a 300tdi disco bit older that the freelander but rides a lot better easy to fix(try changing the oil filer) ples loads of room

peter-2b

Edited by peter2b2002