Drl Flicker Issue

keith kelly

I have wired up my LED DRL through a magic box to which does all the dimming ect required when headlights on. I have taken a feed from the ignition to power said magic box however when powered up the DRL's strobe and are not constant. Initially I though the magic box is not magic but then I noticed the strobe was in syc with the fuel pump noise.

so I disconnected the fuel pump and problem solved! only thing is the car will not go very far like this?? IS there a way to solve this?

regards

keith

You could try adding a smoothing capacitor across the power input to this magic box to see if that helps smooth out the ripples in the supply line.

Something like 1000 microfarad 50 volt electrolytic type. Very cheap to try out to see if this helps. Note though that these are polarised and the negative side MUST go to the chassis and the other to the positive supply.

Get it the wrong way round and it will overheat and burst spilling out hot steam and electrolyte (Or just explode ...)

The idea is that the high frequency ripples will be diverted through this and not through your magic box.

Simon.