Fuel Filler To Fuel Tank. What To Attach It With?

Guest fozzy2007

Guest fozzy2007

I have a 25L stainless steel fuel tank and a new filler pipe to fit to it but cant think of a way to attacth the two together. does anyone have any ideas or perhaps been through this before?

thanks

rob

Guest salty_monk

On http://www.joeybrown.co.uk they show one way.... on my two cars it's simply been joined with a large 90 degree pipe. Demon thieves, rally design etc sell them.

Chris Brown (i think) has changed his so the filler is on the top so it fills faster. If you don't do this cut some slots in the metal pipe where it goes into the tank up to about an inch below the hole in the tank.

Dan :)

Guest robinj66

You should be able to use the original Sierra filler pipe on the S7.

I've attached a couple of pics of my set up - the rubber seal around the hole in the tank is the original Ford (Sierra) part [still available from Ford]. One thing I discovered is that you want the plastic filler pipe from an earlier Sierra as these have a 90 degree angle whereas the later ones have a lesser angle and they won't fit your car without modification

Guest robinj66

This is a picture of the rubber seal in the sender hole (same seal)

Forgot to say that the filler pipe is secured at the top with two long self tappers through the bodywork as on the donor

Guest fozzy2007

ok thanks may just pop down fords then to see if they have the rubber seal. i have the old one but it has cut itself on the sharp edges of the tank so its knackered. thanks all