New Lighterweight

Guest RJHALL

"I agree it would be very good PR"

I'd go further than that, taking over a company with a badly damaged image i think it was vital to the future of the business that some action be taken to repair this brand (RHSC) and the lightweight problem gave the company an excellent opportunity to do this. I'd say that the brand is in need of some serious rebuilding work (which in another area i think the new "Hood" will help with) but this could have been brilliantly achieved by competantly tackling the lightweight issue.

there are no, problems as they say, only opportunities. and it appears that one may have been missed here.

having said that, i imagine the lightweight situation was a tricky one to tackle (to say the least) so soon after taking over the business but a response to it really should been a priority imo

paul

Bow down to the gods because my short sighted friends you only see the good in GBS/RHSC they never get it wrong and they should be given a chance mmmmmmmmmmm

That is the boring bit ......................................

it would appear that things at gbs are moving in a more positive way .

in that they are now offering help to achieve sva on the lightweight that they currently have for sale.

richard has the disc of photos of the mods i have used ,he may try another way ?

there is no doubt that richard can design and build a car so i am sure he can sort out this one.

it would appear that a light may have been switched on !

regards graham

• 2 months later...
Guest keithscc362

Hi Graham,

I totally agree with what you have said, I also hope GBS have done their homework this time.

ive been off the project for several months while I went for alloy welding classes ( im still *bleep* but we will see) but with the eldest lad just joining the navy I can now get fired back into it building some of your ideas into an alloy box frame chassis .

Anyway speak to you soon

Keith

• 1 year later...
Guest BanderaBob

As an interested US builder, I was apalled by the attitude shown by GBS's Rich Hall. He practically said to me that since MY kit came from a dealer in the US, he had no responsiblity to me at all to supply Building instructions which were not functional (VHS). As a goodwill gesture, that would have gone a long way for me. Several of you folks have discribed a cooperative fellow by the same name, and I wonder. He was even very nice to another US builder whose kit arrived damaged in shipping. Was that just because he could make money on that incident? I would love to know how GBS expects to keep a good reputation bwithout supporting past customers, even if they didn't buy from GBS. How much does it cost for the company to run off a few DVD's ? Maybe it's a matter of pride ? Anyway I'm very glad to have found so many others who seem to care about the cars and are willing to help. Thanks for the opportunity to vent a little, and best of luck to GBS.

• 1 month later...

Bob: I finally got the parts that were missing from the Coveland so called shipment. Total time. ONE YEAR. The folks at GBS were good. US customs turned the parts order into a two month ordeal. I got brAND NEW dvdS BUT CANNOT OPEN THEM ON my computer. Will still finish my new shop and 2nd story apartment before I actually start Robin. First I need to figure out how to view DVDs.

Doug

PS Scot Mac thinks he's a long time builder. I'll show em!

Edited by CDD

So am i just get a bit bored at people thinking that they GBS can do no wrong and a change of the company name will make everything ok

I,m with you i bought my "factory built" 2b brand new from them 2 days before they went bust waited 2 and half months for the car which was built and in the showroom when i put a deposit down. 2 days before they went bust they supplied it coincidence ?there were all sorts problems wipers electrics engine was knackered gearbox broke within days etc did they help me in anyway NO i had to buy everything i needed i spent nearly 2yrs slowly getting this car right

Maybe i,ve had a bad experience with Rh / Gbs i don,t know but my next 7 will not be one of there's purely and simply down to once they have your money they don,t seem to care different name same people.

I value customer service above all else.

I pity all the lightweight owners out there at a guess your on your own. apart from help and advce from rhocar which i must add are great..

I was going to go for a zero but it will have to be something else just trying to work out the best company to use. or are they all this way ?

One of these will play your DVD's... it's all about region coding probably

Dan :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360134518475

If anyone has this free little programme

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

They could re burn it region free and post it to you.

Sorry though I do not have a copy.

Andi