Superspec Relays

deano266

Hi Dean,

This is the relay wiring on the Rover engine in my Superspec. I've got most of the wiring captured in a diagram so let me know if you need more details.

ECU relay
term 30 fed from 10amp fuse
term 86 fed from 10amp fuse
term 85 to ECU pin 4
term 87 to ECU pin 28 and also to Lambda relay term 86

Lambda relay
term 86 fed from ECU relay term 87
term 85 to ECU pin 36
term 87 into engine loom to Lambda sensor heater

Fuel pump relay
term 86 fed from 10amp fuse
term 85 to ECU pin 20
term 87 to fuel pump (or via inertia immobiliser switch)

Cheers Andy

post-13848-0-91203100-1521374093_thumb.jpg

On mine, the 5 fuses are all wired directly to the battery +ve terminal, so yes they effectively come from the solenoid terminal.

Some Rover and MEMS ECU wiring diagrams show fewer fuses, with some of the relay feeds coming from the same fuses, so my 5 fuses is probably overkill. You could probably take all relay terminal 30s from the same fuse.

Also, on my car separate to the 3 relays there's another fused wire going to the ECU. A wire with inline 10amp fuse goes between the +ve coil terminal and ECU pin 11, which is for ignition sensing. I think this is taking it's feed from the ignition switch, but I haven't traced that part of the wiring loom yet!

My computer crashed and I did have a backup of it on a hard drive which I seemed to have misplaced. However I did look back at it I just wanted some clarification on some things as when I showed my father he managed to confuse the hell out of me and made me doubt what I had read. It's definitely no reflection on you or Andy who's knowledge has been so invaluable