Upgrade Front Calipers/carriers & Discs

• 1 month later...

Can confirm the brakes work much better after bleeding them correctly and fixing a minor issue with the master cylinder push rod not returning correctly.

Just for note, I have a bias bar. All hydraulic pedal box & to bleed the brakes is different to a standard setup.

You will require bleed bottles setup on back and front at the same time with the nipples open and bias bar reset and free. Handbrake off, choke wheels or axel stand kit. Bleed left side, then switch to right side back and front ( looking from drivers view).

So in theory you require 3 people if in a pit stop. Pedal pusher, front left brake bleeder, rear left brake bleeder. Then switch sides.

Or as I did - Nikki pushing hard in the cockpit, while I watched from the rear....( ooeeerr, just sounds so wrong).

Tip: Use seethru tubes and clear bottles.

U might laugh, but I have seen pictures online of people attempting this with a plastic bottle that's not clear. How do they see the air bubbles???

Will be interesting to see how it behaves on the MOT brake rollers after the failure last year!

Edited by Dino

Added an extra feature to make setting up the front/rear brakes easier after bleeding in the future (remote balance bar cable):

IMG_8696_zpsops0pb2d.jpg

IMG_8699_zpsjs2nuqvs.jpg

Hooray, no more climbing inside the foot well, turning upside down and getting trapped every time I bleed the brakes.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a nice write up, how's the stopping power?

Very good, extremely confident in the kit now and been using it ever time the sun shines instead of the daily driver.

Cannot wait to see how the rolling brake test does compared to last year.... which was terrible and barely passable.

I would say it's not as neck breaking as a servo setup. But extremely quick and strong off the mark and fantastic feel.

I would like to next convert the rear to discs and have collected everything ready for the dark months except adapter plates.

So stay tuned for more pictures, questions and lots of cursing. :-)

Edited by Dino