Dohc Starting Problems (again)

Guest FLUX

Looking for a little help

I have been driving around in my RH Superspec with the engine swap from CVH (1.8L) to a DOHC 8v 2.0EFi. Its been great, what with all that extra power and easy starting and soooo much torque.

Came home the other day and parked the car on the drive. No issues, no overheating, nothing. Went back to the car 3hrs later to put it away in the garage and it would not start.

Fuel is getting through. I have cleaned the Spark Pulgs, Rotor Arm and cover and I have checked there is power to the coil.

What do I check next. Or How do I check next. I have a variable meter, but not sure what I should be looking for.

Is it not true that when the spark is produced one side of the coil is cut from the circuit by the electronic gizmo's?

Any pointers will help - Thanks

Take a plug out and hold against engine ( wear thick gloves )and crank over to check spark.

is the fuel pump just priming and cutting out once cranking? crack the fuel rail have a rag over as very high pressure (will spray in face eyes etc ) so cover up.

Are the plugs getting wet with fuel when it will not start ?

When I had mine it was always a fuel problem if it would not start ( ie fuel pump fail. pipe in tank came off. blocked filter. )

The crank potion sensor can be a bit doggy ie below the oil filter.

Stephen

Thanks for the reply.

There is plenty fuel getting through. There is no spark from the plugs, and I checked back to the coil and there is nothing from there, but the coil is new and there is power to each side of the coil. It does not seem to be cutting the power to the coil to produce the spark.

I have another crank sensor so will try that 1st. Any other ideas anyone.?