Iva Pictures ?

Guest kevinflyingpeanut

Guest kevinflyingpeanut

On the subject of stripping n rebuilding of a part built project to supply photos (for the nice Iva man,)is this compulsory , obligatory or mandatory for presentation at Iva time? Thoughts please.

My build photos did not show hidden stuff just me at different stages of build.

Take off all the stuff that can be taken off easily

Wings nosecone bonnet seats, dangle the clocks out pull engine and box have the remains up in the air wheels off, get photos of you putting bits back.

Should be enough to show you did a good part of the build

That's for IVA

DVLA need receipts to show provenance and also for age related registration

Guest davidimurray

I sent photos to VOSA to show that I had built the car when I applied for IVA.

For the test I took an album of photos with me. He didn't ask to see them, but when he asked about my how my steering wheel frame was built up I described it to him, then offered up the photos, which just confirmed what I had told him.

Yes, I had all the photos (in my camera - not printed - make sure camera is charged though !) and the IVA tester did not ask to see them.

His comment to me at the time was "If it *looks* well built with no straggly bits and untidy work, then he is less likely to want to poke around at the hidden bits"

Of course, you might catch him on a bad day ...

:)

Simon.

I only had to show pictures when applying for the build, These were just various stages of the build with some of the donor vehicle too. On the IVA test I didn't need any photos of anything hidden or not. But I guess that will depend on the tester.

Guest kevinflyingpeanut

Many thanks for all the info everyone , prudence dictates that I will dis-assemble the important safety bits, then out with the box brownie for some proof on re-assembly it obviously won't be as comprehensive ,informative, and downright astounding as some of the build blogs I'm following on RHOCaR ( gentlemen I salute you) , but I guess that's the chance you take when buying a part built project.

When I got my kit second hand it wasn't even part started so I did do the whole build

Receipt was an issue as he lost it and Richard Stuart wanted £200 for a replacement

Funny enough I eventually found one, that with reciept from previous owner and a couple of photos of it being hauled off the trailer was enough to prove I had bought it

Rest of photos were of milestones