Midlands Area Run Out - 10Th/11Th August 2013

richyb66

Following last year’s Midlands’s area weekend run to North Wales we’ve decided to organize another one for the second weekend in August, 10th/ 11th, exactly one year on, and just 5 weeks away.

The destination will again be the Llyn Peninsula, North West Wales but in a change from last year, we’re proposing travelling up late on Friday afternoon 9th August and staying over both Friday and Saturday night. This will allow time to recover from the drive up, then have a full day on Saturday for a more scenic drive out on some great uncrowded roads, see some sights, lunch stop etc whilst still keeping things at a leisurely pace for those that want it.

Departure time on Friday will depend on whatever the majority of people think is best but we need to allow sufficient to time to arrive before it gets too dark if people have to put up tents so realistically I think we’d need to be leaving the Birmingham area by 17-30 at the latest. If people prefer to travel up early Saturday, that we’ll try and cover that as well so we can all meet up.

Accommodation can be camping or B&B depending on whatever people want to do. Initially we just want to get an idea of numbers so if you’re interested, speak up now and indicate whether camping or B&B suits you best and I’ll get more detailed information posted once I know a few numbers and what people want to do.

Any other questions, just ask.

Attendance list so far:

Richyb66

Camping

No-one yet

B&B

Thrashed......................BOOKED at Terfyn

Jez Morton....................BOOKED at Terfyn

gaz0571........................BOOKED at Terfyn

andi................................BOOKED at Terfyn

RedTrev + bro Brian.....BOOKED Llys Olwen

Possible

theduck

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I’d add more information so here it is.

Having the option to either camp or B&B means that we’re likely to get a bit spread out in terms of overnight accommodation but the following B&B’s are all within about a mile radius of Nefyn so should be reasonably convenient. .

LLys Olwen Guest House

Lon Tan Y Bryn

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6BT

01758 720493 http://llysolwen.co.uk/ Adult £33-00

Terfyn Band B

Lon Terfyn

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6BA

01758 721332 http://www.terfynbedandbreakfast.com/ Adult £30-00

Glascoed B and B

Lon Uchaf

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6AL

01758 720151

Graeanfryn Farm B and B and Camping

Morfa Nefyn

LL52 6YQ

01758 720445

For camping, as well as Graenfryn Farm, there’s a couple of additional options, the first was the site suggest last year (but not actually used). This is in a great spot but access to the lower camping field may be difficult due to ground clearance issues so it’s probably worth asking the question if they plan on using the lower field. The owner is very helpful and can accommodate most needs. The location is just a couple of minutes from Nefyn literally at the bottom of my road.

Penisarlon Farm

Pistyll

Nefyn

LL53 6LR

01758 721553 http://www.penisarlonfarm.co.uk/home

Second option is a bit closer to Nefyn, no website but it’s popular for camping and gets good reviews:

Wern Caravan Park

Pistyll

Nefyn

LL53 6LN

01758 720432

I’ll obviously be staying under my own roof rather than canvas so it’s really down to wherever people want to stay and as someone has to be first, I’ll be there whatever the weather. It might not be necessary to pre-book the camping but if the weather is like last weekend, it could get busy and will same hassle arriving on Friday night. So if someone wants to be first to book camping, picks a site and posts it on here then any others can follow suit – same goes for the B&B’s.

Guest peter2b2002

if any one needs a stop off over night (any night), I have a 1/2 acre paddock(sheep have gone) that can be used for camping + parking for about 6 cars on hard standing, I'm just off the A 525 Burleydam, Whitchurch

peter2b

Gaz0571 has just let me know that he's booked Friday and Saturday night at the Terfyn B&B - currently they have 3 rooms available.

Booked one this morning same hotel (sorry campers. Im getting all wimpy)

Party in Gaz`s room I reckon :rofl: :rofl: