Wiring A Distributor

dandan62

This question seems to have been asked many times on Google but there are no answers I can find. I have bought a new dizzy because the shaft of my old one has a lot of play in it. I'm trying to match the wires. The wires from the electronic module are green/yellow and red/black. The new dizzy has a red wire and black wire.Which goes to which? I realise I am replacing an inductive dizzy with a hall affect. I hope this doesn't matter! Maybe the lack of an answer means it doesn't matter.. but I'm not willing to take pot luck. Thanks in advance.

May as well complete this by saying I've now fitted the accuspark dizzy replacing the original one with the amplifier which I took out of the system. It has confirmed my theory that the old one was knackered. Smooth power up to the red line! It always felt a little dead between 2-3k rpm. Only thing is I had the timing at 10 degrees. Using that I now get pinking. Brought it all the way down to 4. But runs very well. Another job crossed off the list. Intermittent starter to sort now. Will take apart tomorrow.