Eosb Discussions

keith kelly

Just to clarify the EOSB may not happen this year. The reason being is that the usual venue we use could not give us our usual dates. The only two dates we were given were the 30th June and the last weekend in September.

A lot of feedback was given to me from last years event to which I thank all that have it. One of the main things was that people didn't not want to camp in September and the general concensous was that an earlier date would be preferred.

Unfortunately the 30th June which was the only other date that was available clashed with another event date that had been set.

I have been looking into other venues since last year but the cost is looking too big. There are a few I am still perusing and am hopefull we can put something together but at this time I have nothing to promote.

I would have liked to have been promoting the event early and had flyers etc to hand out at stoneleigh and other events to try and get the number up but without a venue not a great deal to promote.

This is a real shame as last year numbers were up and costs were down after a lot of effort was put in.

That said there are still several camping weekend events available and hopefully a few more event/ gatherings that can be organised. I will keep looking at possible venues for this year and if I can find something that fits I will Set things up.

Edited by unclechief

End of September has school days back & front -- does this make it more difficult for members with families?

Don't know how old your children are but mine will be devastated when I tell her there will be no EOSB.

And so does Stoneleigh

Edited by ozz

Don't see what my question has to do with my daughters ( who are both well past school years) & EOSB dates ---- just querying whether an earlier date may have led to a greater attendance by families with school-age children.

Stoneleigh is not a RHOcar event but does occur over the bank holiday so more time available -- make it a two day event for your children --- there were funfair type amusements a few years back -- maybe they will return.

The end of September is before the winter fuel payments are available does this make it more difficult for pensioners to attend?

See what I mean now Mr Fry an question based upon lack of knowledge and recent experience designed to annoy and frustrate.

Great the best event in the year is now not happening, this was always a great "family orientated" event where the kids of rhocar could run around and a great time in total safety. Keira is very upset by this event not happening, equally so am I. The other private limited number event is not a replacement by any means. Pretty the only reason I paid my membership this year was for the eosb. Guess I will save my membership fee next year....

Edited by DanE

End of Season Bash!!!!!!!!! Not summer party. Thanks 5years of hard work down the drain. Bob Fry never liked the fact it didnt make money, is the club a money making machine of an organisation for like minded people run to bring them together as much as possible.

Edited by philshelton

My kids will equally be disappointed. I have not given up or replaced it. Just ruining out of time!

plenty of time get weston on Trent booked. Last year is the first time it was booked so far in advance, previously it has been booked as late as end of May. The times it was booked late was normally due to committee not making decisions, larger the committee the longer it takes to get things agreed.

Phil managed to find an alternative venue you just aint trying hard enough Keith =@

the venue was available for last weekend in September according to this thread, just not booked for some reason ( may be cost cutting ). Keith cant book with out committee approval.

by the way 30th june is a far better date than september warmer more enclined to camp and make a weekend of it

as said before by many members is to move it to the middle of summer to improve attendance but deaf ears and all that wot

• Like 1

I am only 1 voice on the committee and as you all know I will be stepping down very soon because this is one of the decisions I've strongly disagreed with - and yes I'm probably spitting my dummy out over it but its because a lot of hard work and personal favours was put in to get it to where it is, only for it to be tossed aside because the committee basically can't be ar5ed and are using the 'only dates available' as a convenient excuse not to bother with it this year (September date was offered almost straight away after last years event and June was offered not long after, so these dates have been on the table for ages).

I accept that I do hold a bias view on the EOSB given that the venue for the first few years was Hollowell (which I had close ties with) and then in last couple of years it has been held at the Ukrainian Centre (again, I have close ties with the venue).

Both these venues I've managed to get the club and vastly reduced costs compared to other venues.

My take on the situation is that the newer members on the committee would rather stick up some RHOCaR banners and write some cheques for other people's events instead of rolling there sleeves up and organising something (EOSB) themselves.

Edited by steamer
  • Like 1