October Lincolnshire Meeting

alanrichey

Just a reminder that the Lincolnshire Meeting for October is at the Corby Glen Sheep Fair (http://www.sheepfair.co.uk/) on Sunday October 5th. The organiser has confirmed the cars will be parked just at the edge of the village allowing us easy access for arrival and departure. Interestingly he says arrive early as they are expecting a lot of cars. Seems odd as there were only 5 there last year (including me). But I would suggest you arrive and depart when you feel like.

Full details nearer the date, but can I get an idea of numbers please to pass to the organiser. So far it's

Me

Richard (Richard7)

Kerry

Nigel (niduncan)

Swan

Mick (Mowerman) (Possible)

Cheers

Al

Edited by alanrichey

• 2 weeks later...

Now the National Meet is over, it's time to look forward to next Sunday (5th Oct) for the Lincolnshire October meet. Here's hoping the weather remains nice. Only got 5 'positives so far but as usual all are welcome on the day.

The organiser of the Castle Bytham Sheep Fair has confirmed we will be parking on the grass around the War Memorial. The Sheep Fair runs from 10:00 till 16:00 but we will have free access to arrive and leave when we wish.

Here is a map of the area with a blow-up of the parking area. The Red Star is the war memorial.

Corby%20Glen.jpg

Whichever direction you arrive from you need to turn into the High Street leading to the village (NOT Tanners Lane) next to the fun fair. From the A1 it's a 30 deg left turn, from Bourne it is a 150 deg right turn. You will see all the cars on your right. After 100yds or so you will see a dropped pavement to allow you entry to the grass area, park where you feel like.

Any questions let me know.

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Looks like I might have cracked the weather yet again :) Won't be warm but no rain. I am going to rock up about 09:45 to be in position for the start, but come along whenever you want.

Still showing just 4 so far (+Kerry as a possible), anyone else going to come ?

Yes, cracking day, lots to see and perfect weather again (It can't last :)). Finished up with 5 hoods and Mick's new Mazda, plus about another 40 classic cars, not bad for a tiny village. And a near perfect overflight by the BBMF Dakota, I think he lined up on my car :D).

So many thanks to all who supported it.

Al.

corby glen1.jpg

corby glen2.jpg

corby glen3.jpg

corby glen4.jpg

Guest Richard7

Many thanks Al for another amazing event. Your organizing of the weather is spectacular. It was great to see existing members and meet new faces. It was very nice how the show organiser came and talked to us and he hoped that we would be back next year.